Page 31 of 39 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 LastLast

Thread: Ladies sp 7:15 est!!!!

Custom Title
    How old is Vanessa Lam? She's so tiny. Has she gone through her growth spurt yet? Hopefully she will grow a bit more but keep her jumps because she needs a bit more power. She will need bigger jumps to compete with the top ladies.

The top US Skaters appear to be in a tie, and the probable Spoilers are close by. The LP will make the winner but seriously, did anyone actually lose?

Ladies skating, for me, is all the same. I would say only Siraj had a different style to offer.

I could argue more about the placements of the field than about the leading ladies. For example, Gilles should have been ahead of Zhang. Alexei had a stunning performance albeit with the predominant style that ladies prefer. There were others down there too that I could move around the results.

If someone were to claim that the judging was guided towards these results, I would not believe them, but it does look(kind of) that way to me.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Layfan View Post
    I really wish I could watch Rachael and Mirai again. The feed kept freezing up on both of they're programs. Especially, Mirai, which is why I haven't been able to say much about her program.

Is it possible to reach watch on icenetwork? I haven't found any videos yet.
    At some point in the next week or two, icenetwork will have the videos up.

Custom Title
    From the protocols it looks like Flatt changed the order of the spins in her program - any news as to why? Is it just getting used to a new program and tweeking the layout - or a lose of concentration after missing the triple-triple+

Quote Originally Posted by lavender View Post
    Derrick something...use to skate.
    Delmore.

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    The top US Skaters appear to be in a tie, and the probable Spoilers are close by. The LP will make the winner but seriously, did anyone actually lose?

Ladies skating, for me, is all the same. I would say only Siraj had a different style to offer.

I could argue more about the placements of the field than about the leading ladies. For example, Gilles should have been ahead of Zhang. Alexei had a stunning performance albeit with the predominant style that ladies prefer. There were others down there too that I could move around the results.

If someone were to claim that the judging was guided towards these results, I would not believe them, but it does look(kind of) that way to me.
    I dunno. I agree there is a lot of similarity out there but for example I can't think of two more different styles than Alissa Czisny and Agnes Zadwadski. They are anything but the same.

To be honest I think there are only two U.S. singles skaters right now who have a true style, Alissa and Jeremy. Well, maybe Adam.

Mirai and Rachael are still finding theirs. But I really admire Rachael for searching. I think her FS tries to do something different. I don't love it but I can appreciate what it tries to do. And I think she came really close to finding her style with her new SP.

With Mirai, I just love her skating but does anyone else wonder how much input she has in her own choreo and music? I like her FS much better than her SP. It's a bit closer to the kind of mature skating I believe she is extremely capable of. But I think Lori Nichols has yet to choreograph something really great for Mirai.

I get the feeling that Mirai is an easy skater to choreograph for as she can pull off a lot. But I'd like to see something more distinctive for her.
    Last edited by Layfan; 01-28-2011 at 11:45 AM.

Custom Title
    amazing. I found out through several fan forums that Agnes skated slow, but GAO skate fast despite the slips of the change foot spin and double axel. GAO got a 25.33 in pcs, but AGNES got a 27.
    GAO did a triple/triple like agnes.
    I am amazed that the ASian ladies, chinese and korean got lowball in pcs. Yet the white girls got high only mirai (japanese got high)pcs.
    i though gao deserved a 26 in pc's.
    you take a look at the pcs scores for the white ladies you find out they are higher and you wonder why we think there is still racism in your sport.
    alissa should have gotten a ur on her triple lutz , plus her single triple. By the way I am rooting for ALissa.
    i was only able to watch the first group
    also i can't pull up scores on icenework for the short even though they are (free).
    Last edited by fairly4; 01-28-2011 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ivy View Post
    From the protocols it looks like Flatt changed the order of the spins in her program - any news as to why? Is it just getting used to a new program and tweeking the layout - or a lose of concentration after missing the triple-triple+
    Isn't this the first time she has performed this program? What are you comparing it to?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by fairly4 View Post
    amazing. I found out through several fan forums that Agnes skated slow, but GAO skate fast despite the slips of the change foot spin and double axel. GAO got a 25.33 in pcs, but AGNES got a 27.
    I am amazed that the ASian ladies, chinese and korean got lowball in pcs. Yet the white girls got high only mirai (japanese got high)pcs.
    you take a look at the pcs scores for the white ladies you find out they are higher and you wonder why we think there is still racism in your sport.
    alissa should have gotten a ur on her triple lutz , plus her single triple. By the way I am rooting for ALissa.
    also i can't pull up scores on icenework for the short even though they are (free).
    Just so I understand clearly, you feel that Gao deserved about a point higher in PCS, which translates to approximately 0.25 increase in per component score, and that demonstrates racism in the sport?

Custom Title
    partly but take a look at agnes got a full point ahead of gao in the pc's. they should have been a bit closer.
    i am saying gao should have gotten a 26.50 in pcs. minimum 26.
    but most the asian skaters have low pcs scores 19, 20, 22. very few got 25.
    vanessa got a higher pc than gao, gao 25.33,
    only mirai (japanese got a 30.)
    what i am saying because agnes skated slow her pc's scores should not have got a 27.she should have got a 25. despite the triple/triple. slowness plays a factor in asian pc's scores being low why not agnes. but it is a continually yearly thing . look at courtney her pcs. look at previous years.
    it plays out asian/ chinese, korean gets lower pc's versus other why slow skating. yet agnes got a 27. despite skating slow.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by fairly4 View Post
    Gao skated very early, her lower PCS probably had something to do with her start order, Czisny's too. It's not neccesarily fair but that's the way it works. Had Gao not flubbed the 2a, her PCS would have probably been a bit higher and her total score would have been more like 60ish. It's ok though, it's still a good score. For the record though I prefer her and Vanessa to Agnes, Agnes seems a bit slow and boring to me. Great technician, but not the packaging. Christina has a very good draw for tomorrow, she can put the pressure on the last 3 ladies with a clean skate and skating after Vanessa and Agnes should help her PCS, just because those two will likely be getting good PCS so she probably will as well.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    She did a beautiful 3x3 in the warm up, but said her speed was too slow coming into the combo, so she decided to play it safe. Had she done the 3x3, she would be first. I agree, Rachael has room to grow in this program.

Her jumps are higher than usual. The flip is higher than last year, with better entrance. The lutz is also higher. Impressive all around. This girl improves and improves.
    Sounds like the top 3 did very well last night, but all three still have room to improve. I try to avoid comments like,"If so and so did this or that they'd be 1st." I'm not sure Rachael can do more spin wise, but while the 3/3 would definitely help her points, it's not as if Alissa or Mirai maxed out their points either. Alissa had an edge call of her 3flip and a tight 2ax and a level 3 layback spin. Mirai trains a 3lz/3t which would boost her scores, and also received an edge call on her 3flip. I only saw Racheal and Alissa's SPs. I thought Rachael did a nice job, best I've ever seen of her, really liked it until the frentic footwork section. And Alissa, while lovely, she seemed a bit more concentrated and not just letting it fly as she had this past fall. I hope she can have another GPF LP type of skate tomorrow!

I really hope all the ladies come out fighting tomorrow!

Down With It

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post
    Has anybody come across any of the other vids?

Gao was fine and so was Agnes. They were the two most popular picks in the Forum as SPOILERS. Maybe one of them will take over a podium spot. Who knows? We'll all know tomorrow night.

Page 31 of 39 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 LastLast