Men's SP 7:30 EST | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Men's SP 7:30 EST

alexeifan

On the Ice
I'm so upset about Adam too, so many thought this was goin to be his year. Brian looked extremely disappointed and maybe even mad...couldn't make out all they were saying to each other.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
how many skaters to bradley?
and why do they resurface now,couldnt they wait i go to sleep?

Bradley is the 5th skater in the next group. Sorry you are losing sleep and sorry that skating competitions take up so much time. :frown:

jan

On the Ice
Why wouldn't Abbott do the quad in the long. I he wants to do anything at worlds he will need it.

MrScroogeMcDuck

On the Ice
I'm so upset about Adam too, so many thought this was goin to be his year. Brian looked extremely disappointed and maybe even mad...couldn't make out all they were saying to each other.

Not the first time this season Adam has bombed. I'm sure Brian is quite frustrated with him.

Nadine

Record Breaker
I'm sorry I missed Adam & Brandon's respective skates due to technical difficulties with my IN. *pout*

But I'm so happy it all seems to be resolved now (knock on wood), and it was a joy to watch Douglas Razzano. And upon reflection I'm not surprised he was held back, just like Rachael was in 2007, but at least they made their mark, and if Douglas continues to lay down consistent performances like he did tonight his PCS should go up. Also, though he did okay with TFB a more powerful program to suit his style wouldn't hurt. Something that really blows the lid off the place to go along with his MAGNIFIC jumps!!!! :thumbsup: :cool:

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Does anyone have the current standings?

emma

Record Breaker
my impression about Abbot is he wants to do what he needs to get to the world team, then pull out all the stops for maybe 4ccs and worlds. He is still dealing with "lost time" due to the boot debacle that slowed his training this fall AND he has said he doesn't want to peak too early, I guess like last year where his nationals was amazing but he was sort of out of steam for the Olympics.

emma

Record Breaker
I'm sorry I missed Adam & Brandon's respective skates due to technical difficulties with my IN. *pout*

But I'm so happy it all seems to be resolved now (knock on wood), and it was a joy to watch Douglas Razzano. And upon reflection I'm not surprised he was held back, just like Rachael was in 2007, but at least they made their mark, and if Douglas continues to lay down consistent performances like he did tonight his PCS should go up. Also, though he did okay with TFB a more powerful program to suit his style wouldn't hurt. Something that really blows the lid off the place to go along with his MAGNIFIC jumps!!!! :thumbsup: :cool:

sorry to hear you missed it too....my problem was actually my internet connection at home so I can't blame IN, but it totally stinks either way! I'll be watching out for Razzano in the future, but yeah, I think those scores screamed "held back," although I'll await commentary from those in the audience or with more knowledge.

seniorita

Record Breaker
Bradley is the 5th skater in the next group. Sorry you are losing sleep and sorry that skating competitions take up so much time. :frown:
Ha. Is this joke or you re telling me off? :)
I didnt know they had a 1961 ceremony, how could I know it before Nadine mentioned it?

alexeifan

On the Ice
Not the first time this season Adam has bombed. I'm sure Brian is quite frustrated with him.

Definitely not the first time, but I remember last year when Adam messed up the short at Nats there was a whole different demeanor with Brian. Adam kept apologizing and Brian kept saying no need to apologize. This year he just seemed mad like he did at Skate America.

greengal5874

Rinkside
Yeah, I am too impressed that Jeremy held in together in the wake of the "necklace incident." Good for him. I saw the send off in Detroit 2 weeks ago, and he had a BAD skate. So this is great.
I'm sad for Adam, I always enjoyed his 'rippon lutz' and the 'tano lutz' he would do. Oh well.
Expected Brandon to do well. Saw him in Dec & he has really progressed.
VERY excited for Armin & Ryan.
Especially Ryan. I wish he could win, a la Rudy Galindo style.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm so sad for Adam :( he seemed nervous although he said later that he was feeling strong. He won't be in the last group, but he's only 5 points behind Mroz, so it could be worse. I want him to make the world team, he does so well in big events, I don't understand his problems when he skates at home (not only at US Nats but in Skate America). He's so talented that it's so sad seeing him to perform like that.. .

Nationals is a BIG event for American and Canadian skaters; it's like the European Championships for European skaters. It determines World and Olympic berths. Many great American skaters and coaches have long said that the National Championships is the most difficult event for an American skater, even more so than Worlds.

Nadine

Record Breaker
sorry to hear you missed it too....my problem was actually my internet connection at home so I can't blame IN, but it totally stinks either way! I'll be watching out for Razzano in the future, but yeah, I think those scores screamed "held back," although I'll await commentary from those in the audience or with more knowledge.

Yeah, I read about your problems, though mine was not my fault, it was IN's, just as last night was as well (and I'm not the only one that had problems, at least a dozen other posters did as well). But I'll definitely be writing to IN to let them know so that they can correct the situation in future, as it should be.

Regards being "held down", everybody knows that it isn't a myth, its been happening since the very beginning of this sport I love so much. C'est la vie. ;)

I'm glad there's a break now so I can read everybody's thoughts, especially on the various skaters', one doesn't have to skate or be a skater, et al, to share one's thoughts. We are ALL fans of this sport we love so much!!! *cheers to ALL* :love:

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ha. Is this joke or you re telling me off? :)
I didnt know they had a 1961 ceremony, how could I know it before Nadine mentioned it?

No, I wasn't telling you off at all. I like you! :) That frowny face actually looks mad, doesn't it. Shouldn't a frowny face look sad? I was sympathizing with you; I know it's difficult when you want to watch skating and it's very, very late in your time zone. I usually stay jacked up on coffee and left bouncing off the walls for the rest of the night. :p