Men's SP 7:30 EST | Page 20 | Golden Skate

Men's SP 7:30 EST

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
I wonder why Jeremy is only getting level 2 for his footwork? Anyone shed any light on that? That's a bit disappointing. I though footwork was supposed to be his strong suit. Jeremy's spins are fine but I always wish they were better. Not his greatest strength.

I suspect that Jeremy was thinking that missing necklace.:biggrin: That was scary, actually.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I suspect that Jeremy was thinking that missing necklace.:biggrin: That was scary, actually.

That's very true. That necklace could have really played a mindgame with him even though he was able to regroup as well as he did; he had to have been thinking in the back of his mind about where it was and what if he got tripped up on it. Maybe a Cassar rule is on the horizon for the figure skating rulebook forbidding the wearing of jewelry. :p

Last edited:

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Will Ryan go for 2 quads in LP? He should. And Jeremy goes for 1 quad. Should be a great showdown. Can't wait!

it will be very interesting considering Abbott has made it known that he will attempt what he has to based on how everybody else skates. Considering Ryan is skating last, Jeremy will have to throw it all down. btw, what a gracious comment from Jeremy in the press conference and on twitter.What a gentleman :)

Soldier of Love

Rinkside
Let's say I was looking 4 video of the Nationals SPs, where should I go? I really want to see! I'm freaking out! Is there some secret place I don't know about?

Looking at protocols:
Ryan Bradley's combo was worth a whopping 14.97 points.
Jeremy actually scored +GOE on all his elements, but he got a level 2 on both his spins and his step sequence, so he lost a bunch of points there.
Brandon just about broke even with GOE, but he had the quad. That helped.
Too bad about Armin. He actually had +GOE on all his elements except the Lutz, which was downgraded. He had nice PCS (5th)
Rippon's PCS helped also. He was 4th there. But still very, very said for him.
Razzano would have done even better if it wasn't for that crazy PCS. He had the 2nd highest TES, but ranked 14th in PCS? What gives?!
Thanks for the run down. I was at a fancy dinner and didn't watch. From what I am reading Falls in the US are scored stricter in PCs than in Canada. :think:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Thanks for the run down. I was at a fancy dinner and didn't watch. From what I am reading Falls in the US are scored stricter in PCs than in Canada. :think:

Such declaration is not a fact based deduction when you have neither watched the performances nor studied the protocols. It's an easily prompted preconceived notion .

Nadine

Record Breaker
ALL RIGHT, the Sr. Mens SP is up on IN (though it doesn't say so, it IS, just just click on your player & you'll find it under More Programs)!!!!! :love:

I'm having a BLAST watching Ryan Bradley's performance again & again & again, lol. :D

Seriously, his 4/3 combo. is H-U-G-E, and the 3Axel is GIGANTIC!!!!! Seriously, that's on par with Evgeni Plushenko & Vaughn Chipeur ~ natural jumpers ALL three! It looks like he's jumping up into the rafters. OMG! :eek: :cool:

Also, Sr. Pairs is up as well, though I'm still rewatching Ryan's performance, lol. :)^D

Nadine

Record Breaker
p.s. the Mens Live Press Conference is also up, but it doesn't say so either, however just click on the Player and you'll find it under Feature Content.

Lol, I'm still watching Ryan ad infinitum! :love: ALL of his jumps are HUMONGOUS!!!!! :thumbsup: :cool: :party2:

Nadine

Record Breaker
It's almost 12:30AM here in the PNW, and I'm tired, but before I head to bed I just wanted to say Ryan Bradley reminds me of Tom Hawkins III in the movie Charms for the Easy Life, one of my all-time favorite movies (I have it on VHS, lol). In it Tom plays a young man just back from WWII, after having been injured, so he's recuperating at a VA type hospital, and that's where he meets Margaret. :) I love when they go dancing together, reminds me a little of Ryan's SP. If you haven't seen this classic, I recommend it highly! :thumbsup: Gena Rowlands is outstanding as the matriarch, brilliant, strong woman. Lol, now I wish I hadn't broken up with my ex-fiance years ago, as he too looks just like Ryan, same body, et al, and he too was in the actual army, lol. :D

p.s. in real life Margaret did marry Tom (they have one baby daughter together). :love:

HERE'S HOPING I'M ABLE TO WATCH ALL THE SKATING TOMORROW! :cool: GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!! :thumbsup:

p.s.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
it will be very interesting considering Abbott has made it known that he will attempt what he has to based on how everybody else skates. Considering Ryan is skating last, Jeremy will have to throw it all down. btw, what a gracious comment from Jeremy in the press conference and on twitter.What a gentleman :)

refreshing after 7 years of bickering by Evan and Johnny, eh?

SO FREAKING HAPPY for both RYAN AND KEEGAN! Hoping they both hold it together for the LP!

emma

Record Breaker
Nadine, this might be a really dumb question, but are you able to watch just the skaters you wish to watch on IN on demand.....last night I could only figure out how to re-stream the whole competition, and I was too tired to wait up to get to Mirai. So I was just wondering if one can just "get to" the skater they wish to watch. Thanks!

ETA YES!!! I loved reading about Abbot's comments about Bradley. Love it love it love it!!! And it is refreshing.

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
the 3Axel is GIGANTIC!!!!! It looks like he's jumping up into the rafters. OMG! :eek: :cool:

I know EXACTLY what you mean! I saw Ryan in Ottawa for the 2008 Skate Canada International, and one of his 3As in the LP was so HIGH and so CLOSE to the boards that I thought he was going to FALL right into the audience!!! :eek: Kurt Browning said in his commentary that Ryan's jumps are wild and exciting! :agree: