Men's SP 7:30 EST | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Men's SP 7:30 EST

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
LOL..that's what I was thinking. I was thinking please let that have been a flip but no.

Even with just a 3T-3T, with a 4T and a solid 3A he beat Jeremy who had a 3Z; 3F-3T and a 3A in TES...but that PCS...sad.

emma

Record Breaker
thanks sk8indel for doing the play by play. I was trying but can't seem to keep up with you!

Nadine

Record Breaker
Andrew Gonzales opening with a nice 3F/#T, then followed up by a 2A, and then had an odd fall immediately after landing the 2L.

His spins during the middle section were the best part of his program imho ~ fast, low, terrific! :thumbsup:

I like Andrew Gonzalez too! I have to say, this crop of young men is impressing the heck out of me. Quads are scarce but they're elegant and are complete skaters.

sk8indel

On the Ice
Andrew Gonzales
(froze during age and music, sorry)

3F-3T
2A
2Lz fall

TES:29.02
PCS:26.39
Ded:1
Score:54.41
10th

Nadine

Record Breaker
Memorable moment happening right now in honor of the 1961 plane crash ~ they are ALL being inducted into the F.S. Hall of Fame ~ rightfully so! And about time.

sk8indel

On the Ice
thanks sk8indel for doing the play by play. I was trying but can't seem to keep up with you!

Lol no problem. Feel free to do it as well in case I miss something xD
I only did play by play for the first time last night, so I don't really know what else to include?
I'm a competitor myself at the intermediate level, so I'm used to identifying technical stuff haha.

alexeifan

On the Ice
Still can't stop thinking about Douglas...lol my goodness i never heard of him before and all sudden there's this perfect quad. I thought I was following skating well.. guess not.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Still can't stop thinking about Douglas...lol my goodness i never heard of him before and all sudden there's this perfect quad. I thought I was following skating well.. guess not.

It's OK. I don't know him really well. He's been kind of under the radar...never placing higher than 14th since he entering senior Nationals.

emma

Record Breaker

me too!

and skt8indel....I'm just a fan, pretty good at spotting jumps, but awful with the spins and don't know any of the shorthand to type them quickly! So, I'll add what I can but thanks again!

sigrid

On the Ice
I'm so sad for Adam :( he seemed nervous although he said later that he was feeling strong. He won't be in the last group, but he's only 5 points behind Mroz, so it could be worse. I want him to make the world team, he does so well in big events, I don't understand his problems when he skates at home (not only at US Nats but in Skate America). He's so talented that it's so sad seeing him to perform like that...

Jeremy was ok and I'm almost sure he won't risk the quad in the LP, he won't need it.

I'm curious about Armin and Ryan performances...

seniorita

Record Breaker
how many skaters to bradley?
and why do they resurface now,couldnt they wait i go to sleep?

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I am very proud of how Jeremy handled being reining champ and favorite. not to mention the whole delay. I think he pretty much has the title in the bag, sans disater in the free. Very surprised about Adam. I though he was going to come out and kill it. Goes to show you that he still has a lot to prove and isn't quite ready to take over the title of next american male skater.

Nadine

Record Breaker
They just got through doing a very moving induction for the entire 1961 World Team, including coaches, judges, officials, and of course the skaters whom all lost their lives on the way to Worlds.

15 minute break now.