Men's SP 7:30 EST | Page 21 | Golden Skate

Men's SP 7:30 EST

Nadine

Record Breaker
Nadine, this might be a really dumb question, but are you able to watch just the skaters you wish to watch on IN on demand.....last night I could only figure out how to re-stream the whole competition, and I was too tired to wait up to get to Mirai. So I was just wondering if one can just "get to" the skater they wish to watch. Thanks!

ETA YES!!! I loved reading about Abbot's comments about Bradley. Love it love it love it!!! And it is refreshing.

Hi, emma, IIRC in years' past one was able to do that, that is just pick whichever skater one wanted to watch on on-demand, but not anymore. BUT, what I do is use the little buttons at the bottom of the screen that control volume, fast forward, pause, et al. Therefore I just fast forward & replay to whomever I want to watch (aka Ryan Bradley, haha). :biggrin:

lavender

Record Breaker
If Bradley goes to worlds I hope he can do better than he did the last time so we can maintain 3 spots. It's already bad that the ladies don't have 3 spots.

emma

Record Breaker
Thanks, Nadine! I'll try this trick later so I can watch my favorites. For now, scrambling to get work done so I can watch the tv broadcast at 3:00 EST!

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
If Bradley goes to worlds I hope he can do better than he did the last time so we can maintain 3 spots. It's already bad that the ladies don't have 3 spots.

From what I've seen of Ryan (usually limited to whatever they decide to put on TV and occasional YouTube videos), he definitely seems like he could be an amazing contender at Worlds AND the Olympics if he could just skate like he did last night. A National title (especially after he was considering retiring) might actually inspire him to do better at Worlds.

Actually, I wonder what the oldest male skater the US has ever sent to the Olympics has been.

Layfan

Record Breaker
From what I've seen of Ryan (usually limited to whatever they decide to put on TV and occasional YouTube videos), he definitely seems like he could be an amazing contender at Worlds AND the Olympics if he could just skate like he did last night. A National title (especially after he was considering retiring) might actually inspire him to do better at Worlds.

Actually, I wonder what the oldest male skater the US has ever sent to the Olympics has been.

Todd Eldredge I believe was 30 when he won the U.S. championships in 2002 and got sent to the Olympics. He finished 6th.

Bah humbug. You could say that about almost all the U.S. men this year. The only four who have gone to worlds - Ryan, Brandon and Jeremy, Adam- don't have a best track record there, although I guess the team last year managed to keep the three spots.
But they have it in them to place better so Go RYAN!!!!! Rudy Galindo moment for Ryan!!!!!!

I hope both Jeremy AND Ryan do better at worlds.

ETA: Well, okay, I take it back. Jeremy and Adam did pretty well at worlds last year. But Jeremy can do better.

Last edited:

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Bah humbug. You could say that about almost all the U.S. men this year. The only four who have gone to worlds - Ryan, Brandon and Jeremy, Adam- don't have a best track record there, although I guess the team last year managed to keep the three spots.
But they have it in them to place better so Go RYAN!!!!! Rudy Galindo moment for Ryan!!!!!!

I hope both Jeremy AND Ryan do better at worlds.

After all, what would figure skating be without the SOHL moments?

I'm surprised there are no youtubes of the Men's SP. There are many skaters from Europ on Euro thread. Maybe Americans don't bother.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
I'm surprised there are no youtubes of the Men's SP. There are many skaters from Europ on Euro thread. Maybe Americans don't bother.

There's also probably much more television broadcasting on different EuroSport channels or others, so it's a lot easier to get videos. When all there is up until now has been IN and Universal Sports web broadcasts, it's a lot harder to record and post videos.

lavender

Record Breaker
Anyhoo, I still hope that he does better. None of them left have done great but I don't know if was that bad.

Rooting for the best team to go to worlds and keep the 3 spots whoever that may be.

Anyhoo, I still hope that he does better. None of them left have done great but I don't know if was that bad.

Rooting for the best team to go to worlds and keep the 3 spots whoever that may be.
Indeed, in order to keep the three spots, the Fed (USFS) should send the best international competitors, and not just to rely on a one shot luck competition.

Nadine

Record Breaker
For those that haven't seen the Mens SP conference, it was GREAT! :thumbsup:

My favorite part was when the interviewer asked them about being ALL trained by the same man, Jeremy's ex-coach, but Ryan & Brandon's longtime coach, Tom Z. Their answers were interesting, fun, and enlightening. :) I highly recommend it for those that haven't already seen it on IN (about 10 minutes long is all). :)^)

seniorita

Record Breaker
i dont believe there is no Bradley video yet:disapp: Nobody thinks of us...:cool:
But I m sacrificing goats all day for him to win!

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada

I don't think American fans are to blame. The US fed and NBC/Universal Sports are VERY strict when it comes to people posting current season FS performances on YouTube. :frown: I once tried to add vids from the 2008 US Nationals shortly after it aired, but I was caught by NBC within a few days. (I'm Canadian, not American, btw.)

But I m sacrificing goats all day for him to win!

:rofl: Those poor goats! (I'm a Capricorn, so I can't help but feel disturbed that my animal symbol is often used for sacrifices. :p)

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Bradley: that was dull. Glad he's doing well, as he seems like a nice guy, but I was hoping for a lot more from this.

Abbott: Lovely program, well skated.

ivy

On the Ice
Watched the YouTubes and read over the protocols. As mentioned earlier in the thread, Abbott lost a bunch of TES in spins. To me they seemed faster and more varied then Bradley's, though I haven't counted revolutions, plus just generally more inventive. I also thought Jeremy's footwork was better then Ryan's, but again Ryan edged out Jeremy here. I assume they'll show both this afternoon on NBC and am looking forward to watching again on a nice big screen.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker

it's all due to copyright, Joesitz. IN and NBC really patrol youtube to make sure their stuff doesn't come through.

jettasian

Match Penalty
Just watched the Men's SP on NBC. I thought Abbott was much better than Bradley. Other than the jumps, Bardley program was empty and flat. The only thing I don't like about Abbott's his arms movement, too much = too distracting.