Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast

Thread: Men's SP 7:30 EST

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aemeraldrainc View Post
    Where did you get this from, Layfan?
    IceNetwork?
    yes, they aired the news conference on icenetwork, although the feed got cut off before the Q&A for some reason.

Custom Title
    ALL RIGHT, the Sr. Mens SP is up on IN (though it doesn't say so, it IS, just just click on your player & you'll find it under More Programs)!!!!!

I'm having a BLAST watching Ryan Bradley's performance again & again & again, lol. :D

Seriously, his 4/3 combo. is H-U-G-E, and the 3Axel is GIGANTIC!!!!! Seriously, that's on par with Evgeni Plushenko & Vaughn Chipeur ~ natural jumpers ALL three! It looks like he's jumping up into the rafters. OMG!

Also, Sr. Pairs is up as well, though I'm still rewatching Ryan's performance, lol. (:^D

Rooting for Adrian, Javi and Kevin R!!! :) aemeraldrainc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Layfan View Post
    yes, they aired the news conference on icenetwork, although the feed got cut off before the Q&A for some reason.
    ok, thanks. just wondering.

Custom Title
    p.s. the Mens Live Press Conference is also up, but it doesn't say so either, however just click on the Player and you'll find it under Feature Content.

Lol, I'm still watching Ryan ad infinitum! ALL of his jumps are HUMONGOUS!!!!!

I just watched it again, too. I'm in heaven.

Custom Title
    It's almost 12:30AM here in the PNW, and I'm tired, but before I head to bed I just wanted to say Ryan Bradley reminds me of Tom Hawkins III in the movie Charms for the Easy Life, one of my all-time favorite movies (I have it on VHS, lol). In it Tom plays a young man just back from WWII, after having been injured, so he's recuperating at a VA type hospital, and that's where he meets Margaret. I love when they go dancing together, reminds me a little of Ryan's SP. If you haven't seen this classic, I recommend it highly! Gena Rowlands is outstanding as the matriarch, brilliant, strong woman. Lol, now I wish I hadn't broken up with my ex-fiance years ago, as he too looks just like Ryan, same body, et al, and he too was in the actual army, lol. :D

p.s. in real life Margaret did marry Tom (they have one baby daughter together).

HERE'S HOPING I'M ABLE TO WATCH ALL THE SKATING TOMORROW! GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!!

p.s.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    I want to see videos!

Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    it will be very interesting considering Abbott has made it known that he will attempt what he has to based on how everybody else skates. Considering Ryan is skating last, Jeremy will have to throw it all down. btw, what a gracious comment from Jeremy in the press conference and on twitter.What a gentleman :-)
    refreshing after 7 years of bickering by Evan and Johnny, eh?

SO FREAKING HAPPY for both RYAN AND KEEGAN! Hoping they both hold it together for the LP!

Custom Title
    Nadine, this might be a really dumb question, but are you able to watch just the skaters you wish to watch on IN on demand.....last night I could only figure out how to re-stream the whole competition, and I was too tired to wait up to get to Mirai. So I was just wondering if one can just "get to" the skater they wish to watch. Thanks!

ETA YES!!! I loved reading about Abbot's comments about Bradley. Love it love it love it!!! And it is refreshing.

Addicted to handsome, artistic male skaters ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
    the 3Axel is GIGANTIC!!!!! It looks like he's jumping up into the rafters. OMG!
    I know EXACTLY what you mean! I saw Ryan in Ottawa for the 2008 Skate Canada International, and one of his 3As in the LP was so HIGH and so CLOSE to the boards that I thought he was going to FALL right into the audience!!! Kurt Browning said in his commentary that Ryan's jumps are wild and exciting!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by emma View Post
    Nadine, this might be a really dumb question, but are you able to watch just the skaters you wish to watch on IN on demand.....last night I could only figure out how to re-stream the whole competition, and I was too tired to wait up to get to Mirai. So I was just wondering if one can just "get to" the skater they wish to watch. Thanks!

ETA YES!!! I loved reading about Abbot's comments about Bradley. Love it love it love it!!! And it is refreshing.

Hi, emma, IIRC in years' past one was able to do that, that is just pick whichever skater one wanted to watch on on-demand, but not anymore. BUT, what I do is use the little buttons at the bottom of the screen that control volume, fast forward, pause, et al. Therefore I just fast forward & replay to whomever I want to watch (aka Ryan Bradley, haha).

Custom Title
    If Bradley goes to worlds I hope he can do better than he did the last time so we can maintain 3 spots. It's already bad that the ladies don't have 3 spots.

Custom Title
    Thanks, Nadine! I'll try this trick later so I can watch my favorites. For now, scrambling to get work done so I can watch the tv broadcast at 3:00 EST!

Currently frozen as a popsicle Chemistry66's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lavender View Post
    If Bradley goes to worlds I hope he can do better than he did the last time so we can maintain 3 spots. It's already bad that the ladies don't have 3 spots.
    From what I've seen of Ryan (usually limited to whatever they decide to put on TV and occasional YouTube videos), he definitely seems like he could be an amazing contender at Worlds AND the Olympics if he could just skate like he did last night. A National title (especially after he was considering retiring) might actually inspire him to do better at Worlds.

Actually, I wonder what the oldest male skater the US has ever sent to the Olympics has been.

Quote Originally Posted by Chemistry66 View Post
    From what I've seen of Ryan (usually limited to whatever they decide to put on TV and occasional YouTube videos), he definitely seems like he could be an amazing contender at Worlds AND the Olympics if he could just skate like he did last night. A National title (especially after he was considering retiring) might actually inspire him to do better at Worlds.

Actually, I wonder what the oldest male skater the US has ever sent to the Olympics has been.
    Todd Eldredge I believe was 30 when he won the U.S. championships in 2002 and got sent to the Olympics. He finished 6th.

Bah humbug. You could say that about almost all the U.S. men this year. The only four who have gone to worlds - Ryan, Brandon and Jeremy, Adam- don't have a best track record there, although I guess the team last year managed to keep the three spots.
    But they have it in them to place better so Go RYAN!!!!! Rudy Galindo moment for Ryan!!!!!!

I hope both Jeremy AND Ryan do better at worlds.

ETA: Well, okay, I take it back. Jeremy and Adam did pretty well at worlds last year. But Jeremy can do better.
    Last edited by Layfan; 01-29-2011 at 01:21 PM.

Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast