Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast

Thread: Men's SP 7:30 EST

Currently frozen as a popsicle Chemistry66's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Layfan View Post
    Bah humbug. You could say that about almost all the U.S. men this year. The only four who have gone to worlds - Ryan, Brandon and Jeremy, Adam- don't have a best track record there, although I guess the team last year managed to keep the three spots.
    But they have it in them to place better so Go RYAN!!!!! Rudy Galindo moment for Ryan!!!!!!

I hope both Jeremy AND Ryan do better at worlds.
    After all, what would figure skating be without the SOHL moments?

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar

I'm surprised there are no youtubes of the Men's SP. There are many skaters from Europ on Euro thread. Maybe Americans don't bother.

Currently frozen as a popsicle Chemistry66's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    I'm surprised there are no youtubes of the Men's SP. There are many skaters from Europ on Euro thread. Maybe Americans don't bother.
    There's also probably much more television broadcasting on different EuroSport channels or others, so it's a lot easier to get videos. When all there is up until now has been IN and Universal Sports web broadcasts, it's a lot harder to record and post videos.

Custom Title
    Anyhoo, I still hope that he does better. None of them left have done great but I don't know if was that bad.

Rooting for the best team to go to worlds and keep the 3 spots whoever that may be.

Quote Originally Posted by lavender View Post
    Anyhoo, I still hope that he does better. None of them left have done great but I don't know if was that bad.

Rooting for the best team to go to worlds and keep the 3 spots whoever that may be.
    Indeed, in order to keep the three spots, the Fed (USFS) should send the best international competitors, and not just to rely on a one shot luck competition.

Custom Title
    For those that haven't seen the Mens SP conference, it was GREAT!

My favorite part was when the interviewer asked them about being ALL trained by the same man, Jeremy's ex-coach, but Ryan & Brandon's longtime coach, Tom Z. Their answers were interesting, fun, and enlightening. I highly recommend it for those that haven't already seen it on IN (about 10 minutes long is all). (:^)

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    i dont believe there is no Bradley video yet Nobody thinks of us...
    But I m sacrificing goats all day for him to win!

Addicted to handsome, artistic male skaters ;-)
    I don't think American fans are to blame. The US fed and NBC/Universal Sports are VERY strict when it comes to people posting current season FS performances on YouTube. I once tried to add vids from the 2008 US Nationals shortly after it aired, but I was caught by NBC within a few days. (I'm Canadian, not American, btw.)

Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    But I m sacrificing goats all day for him to win!
    Those poor goats! (I'm a Capricorn, so I can't help but feel disturbed that my animal symbol is often used for sacrifices. )

Custom Title
    Bradley: that was dull. Glad he's doing well, as he seems like a nice guy, but I was hoping for a lot more from this.

Abbott: Lovely program, well skated.

Custom Title
    Watched the YouTubes and read over the protocols. As mentioned earlier in the thread, Abbott lost a bunch of TES in spins. To me they seemed faster and more varied then Bradley's, though I haven't counted revolutions, plus just generally more inventive. I also thought Jeremy's footwork was better then Ryan's, but again Ryan edged out Jeremy here. I assume they'll show both this afternoon on NBC and am looking forward to watching again on a nice big screen.

it's all due to copyright, Joesitz. IN and NBC really patrol youtube to make sure their stuff doesn't come through.

Banned
    Just watched the Men's SP on NBC. I thought Abbott was much better than Bradley. Other than the jumps, Bardley program was empty and flat. The only thing I don't like about Abbott's his arms movement, too much = too distracting.

Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast