Men's SP 7:30 EST | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Men's SP 7:30 EST

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
WOO HOO!!!!!! :yay: PIGGIES CAN FLY!!!!!

Nadine

Record Breaker
Froze during his 3F/3T, but saw his HUGE 3A, and the nice 3L (tight landing thoug). I'm not a fan of this SP, but the more I see it that more I think of Benjamin Millepied, and therefore I'm starting to enjoy it.

OBVIOUSLY 1ST PLACE!!! :love:

sk8indel

On the Ice
Jeremy Abbott
Viejos Aires

3F-3T
3A
3Lz (fight on landing)

TES:38.57
PCS:39.82
Score:78.39
1st

Nice job, Jeremy. It wasn't on fire but he did it well. Nice dramatic footwork section where he claps and slaps his thighs for rhythmic effect. He claims the tango there - otherwise I wouldn't think it's really his thing. He's not the sexiest guy out there. He leads with 78.39.

BTW - Cassar is more of a tango type. Very smooth skater with great line, I liked him. Can anyone tell me what the movement is that he did that looks like a spread eagle only leaning far forward toward the ice (inside edge)? It was spectacular!

Last edited:

seniorita

Record Breaker
Weeee 3 times US Champion!
Why USA nationals dont inflate marks?:cool:
Shall I stay for Bradley?

emma

Record Breaker
OMG....my internet went out; I totally missed Abbot, returned in time only for the scores. I feel a bit deflated. Sounds like he did well.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Does anybody have a link of ALL the competitors so I can click on it while watching IN. Thanks! :)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Hmm. Thought the score would be higher.

So did I, but given how low everyone else has been so far...it sort of makes sense...And for some reason they're really taking it easy on the scores at this competition. No major score inflation in any of the SP disciplines.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Nice job, Jeremy. It wasn't on fire but he did it well. Nice dramatic footwork section where he claps and slaps his thighs for rhythmic effect. He claims the tango there - otherwise I wouldn't think it's really his thing. He's not the sexiest guy out there. He leads with 78.39.

Um, if you ask me, he's the sexiest guy in this entire competition!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I'm really amused by some of these announcer intros...Jason Brown would be a volleyball player if he wasn't a skater?

Layfan

Record Breaker
So did I, but given how low everyone else has been so far...it sort of makes sense...And for some reason they're really taking it easy on the scores at this competition. No major score inflation in any of the SP disciplines.

for the women I thought it was because of the lack of spiral sequences. Scores seem to match the GPS scores. Don't know about the men.