Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Free Dance

Custom Title
    I'm surprised this opening lift by Hurtado/Diaz of Spain has not been talked about. Awesome.

Custom Title
    Yeah, it is awesome.

In the void
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    I'm surprised this opening lift by Hurtado/Diaz of Spain has not been talked about. Awesome.
    Hm. The Kerrs are doing similar lifts for years I'd say....

But OT: that's a RAI broadcast. And as we often complain about commentators talking during the routines now and then - DOES THIS PERSON STOP TO TALK AT ALL??????????

Custom Title
    True, but the Kerrs never made it a scoring lift, whereas Hurtado/Diaz basically dare the judges not to be impressed - it was their highest scoring element, I think. The way they basically cannonball into the entry (the speed) and the hold make it pretty damn remarkable. That, and this was a senior debut for them. I'm hoping for top ten at World Juniors, but I have no idea what'll happen.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by tdnuva View Post
    But OT: that's a RAI broadcast. And as we often complain about commentators talking during the routines now and then - DOES THIS PERSON STOP TO TALK AT ALL??????????
    I could tell this year was a lot better! they used to speak more
    they were speaking a lot during Hurtado/Diaz, because broadcasting of the dance started with them and so they were introducing the competition...not an excuse, I know, but..

Rinkside
    First time watching RAI broadcast, and it was ten times better than what i've heard it to be! Yapping kept to a minimum (unlike SBS and CCTV) and i finally got to enjoy each skate without much interruption.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by pattym View Post
    First time watching RAI broadcast, and it was ten times better than what i've heard it to be! Yapping kept to a minimum (unlike SBS and CCTV) and i finally got to enjoy each skate without much interruption.
    They changed commentator..the one before didn't know anything of figure skating or just a little and really liked to talk talk talk..this year is a lot better!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7