Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Free Dance

Custom Title
    What a great night! I'm soooo happy for my favorites P/B and I/K! Wonderful perfomances! P/B are the champions, finally! And I/K are just brilliant, they are a future champions, I'm sure!
    And B/S were good too, deserve their medals, and I really like Katia's new dress.
    Missed the Kerrs but I guess they did well

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    weee Natalie and Fabia won!!!! And Kerrs medaled!!! These two are my favs!
    I like Elena and Nikita very much, so cute!

Which pair used Rolling Stones' Paint It Black & Angie? I couldn't remember.

More or less: more is more sequinsgalore's Avatar
    What great performances...I really liked top 6.

Pechalat/Bourzat are in a good position to take bronze at Worlds now...perhaps even silver, depending on Virtue/Moir.

Quote Originally Posted by MikiAndoFan#1 View Post
    I'm very happy for Péchalat & Bourzat finally earning a medal at Europeans, for the Kerrs' second medal and for Faiella & Scali coming back from a bad SD a skating a great FD. The top two Russian couples were overscored. Did Bobrova & Soloviev really deserve higher PCS than the Kerrs and Faiella & Scali? :sheesh:
    FINALLY someone who agrees with me, all three Russian teams were WAY over scored, and none of their skating warrented the points and placements in this European championships. Happy that the Kerrs medaled, but they deserved MORE than what they got.

Custom Title
    watching the top 5 FD, I would rank them

1. F/S
    2. K/K
    3. P/B
    4. B/S
    5. I/K

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by cloudkicker09 View Post
    FINALLY someone who agrees with me, all three Russian teams were WAY over scored, and none of their skating warrented the points and placements in this European championships. Happy that the Kerrs medaled, but they deserved MORE than what they got.
    Agree! The Kerrs deserved the silver, easily! The Swedish commentators were less than impressed with B/S, said they 'lack that certain something' - they failed to capture my interest and so did the third Russian couple. I liked I/K's ballet routine, but on the other hand, I didn't care for their short program.

The ones I loved today were P/B, K/K, F/S and the German couple!

Custom Title
    I disagree. I like all the Russian couples, am a bit disappointed for R/T as I they don't think they skated their best. I would rank the Top 5 as

1. B/S
    2. K/K
    3. P/B
    4. I/K
    5. F/S

It was very close for me between B/S & K/K but I would just give it to the Russians. I just love the style of B/S, very elegant, stylish, wonderfull lifts, nice spins he does need to work on his twizzles. I think that was the best the Kerrs have skated in a long time, I wonder will they stay for one more year? First time I had seen P/B but taught it was scrappy in places. I would expect I/K to be on the podium next year, a very stong and impressive debut. That performance tonight was a long ahead of what seen in China. Was kinda disappointed with F/S, not a great final season.

I don't really know how people can judge ice dance I find so difficult to notice the differences. It is fairly easy to see the difference between the top and bottom pairs but when you are looking at the top teams a lot of it (for me) is down to a personal preference of the couples style.

Of the other teams I enjoyed the Lithuanians, the second French couple, the Hungarians were slightly disappointing. I enjoyed the German couple but didn't get the costumes.

Custom Title
    I thought the results were right and I have no issue with them, except I thought the Ukrainians were scored too high. I enjoyed the Spanish team a lot more. I'm not a big fan of B/S, but they are very good technicians with great skating skills, and the judges love that.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    The Swedish commentators were less than impressed with B/S, said they 'lack that certain something'
    The Portuguese commentators also weren't impressed by Bobrova & Soloviev. Oh well...

Tripping on the Podium
    I am sooooo happy for P/B I think they had some problem at the spin but the rest o the program is juts perfec, i love the choreopraph and how they play the roles so well. And how cute was theyr reaction at the end of the program

Congratulations to all the teams

In terms of the Russian placements here at Euros, like I said before none of them were deserving and all of them were way over marked. In light of what happened at Sochi and the Grand Prix this year, someone at the Russian federation must have really overpolitked to prevent embarresment, but it will more embarressing for the sport as a whole if one of these three teams wins the Euro or World title next year.

I turly believe that Yana and Fedor are much better then any of the three dance teams here, and will hopefully surpass them all next season through the continuing unwavering support of the federation.
    Last edited by cloudkicker09; 01-28-2011 at 06:22 PM.

Custom Title
    Watching the videos in the FD my order is as follows:
    1. K/K (airy, challanging, unusually strong technically , innovativeí)
    2.F/S (real character, technically excellent- don't understand their points...)
    3.P/B ( a little bit elaborated, especially him, trouble in the spin and here and there, but nice)
    4.B/S (trouble in the twizzles, like usually, lovely lines and edges)
    5.I/K (she is wonderful to look at, he tries to grow up to her)
    6.R/T (disappointing, really difficult to believe that Kokhlova/Andreev is worse tan they).
    Last edited by bigdeal; 01-28-2011 at 06:38 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by cloudkicker09 View Post
    I turly believe that Yana and Fedor are much better then any of the three dance teams here, and will hopefully surpass them all next season through the continuing unwavering support of the federation.
    You are really being blinded by your fandom of Fedor here. Khoklova and Andreev are nowhere near the level of the three teams here. Why would Russia send a team that did not even manage to medal at a minor B international over three teams that medaled in the Grand Prix? And looking at the scores, they made the right decision.

Fedor is new at the discipline and it shows, a lot. He's weak in the footwork, slow and he does not move like a dancer. He's nowhere close to being at the level of Katsalapov, Tkachenko or Soloviev. The team has good lifts, but that is about it.

Russia is much more better off investing in these three young teams who are excellent dancers and superb technicians. The only issue here is B/S PCS being perhaps too high, but as people who have seen them live, their basics and lines are beautiful.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast