Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Free Dance

SkateFiguring took the violet pill

0 Not allowed!
    I'm surprised this opening lift by Hurtado/Diaz of Spain has not been talked about. Awesome.

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah, it is awesome.

In the void

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    I'm surprised this opening lift by Hurtado/Diaz of Spain has not been talked about. Awesome.
    Hm. The Kerrs are doing similar lifts for years I'd say....

But OT: that's a RAI broadcast. And as we often complain about commentators talking during the routines now and then - DOES THIS PERSON STOP TO TALK AT ALL??????????

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    True, but the Kerrs never made it a scoring lift, whereas Hurtado/Diaz basically dare the judges not to be impressed - it was their highest scoring element, I think. The way they basically cannonball into the entry (the speed) and the hold make it pretty damn remarkable. That, and this was a senior debut for them. I'm hoping for top ten at World Juniors, but I have no idea what'll happen.

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by tdnuva View Post
    But OT: that's a RAI broadcast. And as we often complain about commentators talking during the routines now and then - DOES THIS PERSON STOP TO TALK AT ALL??????????
    I could tell this year was a lot better! they used to speak more
    they were speaking a lot during Hurtado/Diaz, because broadcasting of the dance started with them and so they were introducing the competition...not an excuse, I know, but..

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    First time watching RAI broadcast, and it was ten times better than what i've heard it to be! Yapping kept to a minimum (unlike SBS and CCTV) and i finally got to enjoy each skate without much interruption.

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by pattym View Post
    First time watching RAI broadcast, and it was ten times better than what i've heard it to be! Yapping kept to a minimum (unlike SBS and CCTV) and i finally got to enjoy each skate without much interruption.
    They changed commentator..the one before didn't know anything of figure skating or just a little and really liked to talk talk talk..this year is a lot better!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7