Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Senior Dance?

Keeper of the Kweens OGM. MK's Winter's Avatar
    Davis and White skated a fabulous free dance. They are so fast and fearless. Loved the Shibutanis! Give them some time and they are going to Challange for the title.

Custom Title
    Davis and White really are quite mesmerizing to watch, and I would in part attribute them to taking my growing interest in ice dancing to a higher level! I also really enjoyed Zhock/Zuerlein's program. And the Shibutanis are so smooth on the ice!

The Future Mrs. Evan Lysacek #1Kerryfan's Avatar
    Meryl and Charlie had a fantastic program and I think a world gold is in their not-so-distant future
    Maia and Alex definitely have potential as well.

Ugh, so sad for Lynn and Logan. That was such a bad wipeout and it looked like they were disappointed with their scores. I think they would have beat the Hubbells if it weren't for that.

Just an average girl
    Someone should tell Tom Hammond that Virtue and Moir were named to the Canadian World Team and may compete.

Alex and Maia are the Adele and Fred Astaire of ice dancing,

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    Ugh, so sad for Lynn and Logan. That was such a bad wipeout and it looked like they were disappointed with their scores. I think they would have beat the Hubbells if it weren't for that.
    I know - felt so, so bad for them. Nice skaters and good program. Loved D/W...wow! Shibs too! That was fun.

Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    I love Meryl and Charlie and that is obviously a difficult program filled with many exquisite elements. I'm just a tad disappointed ( and I mean tad )because I had hoped it would be more "Tango" by this point in the season.

The Shibs continue to thrill me more each time I see them. They've been a joy all season.

C/Z are quite owning that program now..but there's just no outshining the Shibs , here .

Really sad for Lynn and Logan. I love these costumes , and there are some lovely elements in their program.

The Hubbells - I have no probs with sibling couples doing sexy programs ( it's just a performance )...as long as they don't get too explicit..but then I prefer that none of the couples get too explicit. I always feel it's unnecessary. I don't feel this program crossed any lines. I really like her dress.

Really wishe NBC had shown more of the SD ( at least the top 3). Just have towait for YouTube , I guess.

I do despise kids in competitive skating, and I felt that strongly with the Shibutanis of yester year, but they are all grown up now and times have changed.

I love the Fox Trot in ballroom dancing and for skating it there was nothing so good as Torval/Dean that Oly year in which they were beaten by a pretentious Swing dance. The Shibutanis have now brought the dance back to its proper level. They looked marvelous! It's a dance of strong edges.

Like subtlety in ice dancing Serious Business's Avatar
    I don't have a problem with sibling couples portraying romance on ice either, it's a performance. However, I did find it amusing to note that the Hubbells generated more chemistry and heat than all the other couples shown. Davis/White seemed more like a pair of siblings in their tango than the Hubbells.

Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5 View Post
    The Shibs never cease to amaze me. That was quite a FD, amazing. They are nipping at Meryl and Charlie's heels.
    guess Meryl and Charlie will soon know how Tanith and Ben felt the last couple of seasons they were with Marina and Igor.

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Ha. I was going to say Fred and Ginger but you're more apt. I'm officially in love with this team.

Custom Title

Custom Title
    Ok, I've just watched it and wonder why Meryl doesn't point her toes ever. Is this not something that's done anymore? Something that isn't important as it once was? Just wondering because I notice that other teams do (not all though)

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    What a wonderful simile, Math!

Amazing: even without Tanith and Ben, we still have two possibly world-class ice dance couples. Splendid.

It's been awhile since we've seen a sibling pair skating together at the top level. The issue of whether they can dance romantically definitely injects itself into the discussion. Fred and Adele Astaire did wonderful dances that weren't romantic, because the "top" music of the time didn't necessarily need that kind of torrid expression. (Fred was famous for his aloofness both on and off the screen. The assumption was that Ginger brought the chemistry when she became his partner after Adele married and retired.) The last really top couple who were sibs were the Duchesnays, and they tended toward the ground-breaking rather than the romantic. I still remember the explanation of their use of music from West Side Story in 1992: supposedly they were portraying Maria and her brother Bernardo.

In other words, I'm not sure I can suspend disbelief for a romantic skate by siblings, but there are ways to get around it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast