Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Senior Dance?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Serious Business View Post
    I don't have a problem with sibling couples portraying romance on ice either, it's a performance. However, I did find it amusing to note that the Hubbells generated more chemistry and heat than all the other couples shown. Davis/White seemed more like a pair of siblings in their tango than the Hubbells.
    I think someone sexy like Madison Hubbell is limited in what programs she can do because she's skating with a sibling. She could do much hotter dances if her partner wasn't a sibling. Same goes for most of these girls skating with their brother.

Perhaps they should swith up: Alex and Madison; Maya and Keifer.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by CassAgain View Post
    Perhaps they should swith up: Alex and Madison; Maya and Keifer.
    NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Custom Title
    I'm not sure the Hubbells are limited so much by their sibling-hood, as by the way they skate. Saw them live last fall and I'm sorry, but they skate like they are wearing lead boots and pushing through quicksand. Both SD and FD so it didn't seem to be strictly a program-related thing. It was quite noticeable compared to other teams, even some much less experienced. Not sure how one fixes this.

Custom Title
    Mai & Alex's FD video: http://maia-alex-shibutani.blogspot.com/.
    Incidentally it's the Sibutani fan page - you can read excerpts of their review articles as well as pictures, if you like. Enjoy.

Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    I hope the SDs will make it to YouTube soon. I've only been able to see the NBC coverage and was pretty disappointed to only see D/W's SD.

*** Oops, guess I already said that..obsessed, much ?
    Last edited by colleen o'neill; 01-31-2011 at 03:08 AM.

Custom Title
    Not to worry, Colleen. If you can't be obsessed by something as glorious as skating, life has a lot less meaning.

And I can't wait for the YouTube editions of everything either.

Custom Title
    Merly & Charlie -congratulations on winning your 3rd national title, scores deserved, personnally hope you kick it at worlds. good luck, 4 cc good luck, rooting for you to win again. Great skate, keep it up.

Maia & Alex, great skate, great future, congratulations on winning the silver medal. Keep it up. looking forward to 4cc and worlds.personally hope you do will in worlds l
    Chock & Zuerlein,congratulations on winning bronze medal

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4