Senior Dance? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Senior Dance?

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The Shibutanis' are so delightful! I felt that their timing got a little lost when the music transitioned into the swing part; they were a little behind with their movement in timing it with the faster pace. No doubt they will take the lead though! They are very enjoyable! :love:

emma

Record Breaker
Shibutanis were wonderfully charming. Big standing O.

they sure were! those twizzles really are amazing; but the whole program was light and cheerful and really suited them. I am so glad to finally see them this season and to see why everyone is just raving over their progress from juniors to seniors.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
The Shibs never cease to amaze me. That was quite a FD, amazing. They are nipping at Meryl and Charlie's heels.

Serious Business

Record Breaker
The Hubbells skate a very sexy program. Starting with the flirty dancing at a club, then culminating in the romantic smooth jazz / trip hop of Art of Noise's "Moments in Love" as they consummate their... wait what they're siblings? D: D: D:

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
Good grief why do the Hubbels continue to try and skate sexy or romantic programs. With 2 siblings that is just gross.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Madison fumbled on the 2nd set of twizzles, but she and Keifer have some terrific highlights in their program with the brilliant use of innovative hydroblading (shades of Kerr/Kerr), and they do exude a good amount of fire and attitude with this program, but I did feel it fizzle out a little bit at the end with their loss of speed. This music always makes me think of Shawn Sawyer. Overall, I was entertained! Unfortunately, US dance is just too strong right now and I don't see a top 3 medal for them. :(

Last edited:

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
WOW! CharMers are out of breath, and no wonder, that program IS packed with impressive speed and difficult transitions and choreography! Their maturity and passion is unmatched in this competition. Terrific! :love::rock:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
WOW Meryl and Charlie. That is the best I've seen them skate this FD all season. They gave it everything they had, Brilliant. Bravo!!!

jaylee

Medalist
Meryl kind of laughed at how strands of her hair came a little loose in the kiss and cry.

Davis and White were fabulous. Their performance just flew by. They came, they skated, they conquered!

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
Davis and White skated a fabulous free dance. They are so fast and fearless. Loved the Shibutanis! Give them some time and they are going to Challange for the title.

loop9497

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Davis and White really are quite mesmerizing to watch, and I would in part attribute them to taking my growing interest in ice dancing to a higher level! I also really enjoyed Zhock/Zuerlein's program. And the Shibutanis are so smooth on the ice!

#1Kerryfan

Final Flight
Meryl and Charlie had a fantastic program and I think a world gold is in their not-so-distant future :)
Maia and Alex definitely have potential as well.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Ugh, so sad for Lynn and Logan. That was such a bad wipeout and it looked like they were disappointed with their scores. I think they would have beat the Hubbells if it weren't for that.

Pixie Cut

On the Ice
Someone should tell Tom Hammond that Virtue and Moir were named to the Canadian World Team and may compete.

emma

Record Breaker
Ugh, so sad for Lynn and Logan. That was such a bad wipeout and it looked like they were disappointed with their scores. I think they would have beat the Hubbells if it weren't for that.

I know - felt so, so bad for them. Nice skaters and good program. Loved D/W...wow! Shibs too! That was fun.

colleen o'neill

Medalist
:)I love Meryl and Charlie and that is obviously a difficult program filled with many exquisite elements. I'm just a tad disappointed ( and I mean tad )because I had hoped it would be more "Tango" by this point in the season.

The Shibs continue to thrill me more each time I see them. They've been a joy all season.

C/Z are quite owning that program now..but there's just no outshining the Shibs , here .

Really sad for Lynn and Logan. I love these costumes , and there are some lovely elements in their program.

The Hubbells - I have no probs with sibling couples doing sexy programs ( it's just a performance )...as long as they don't get too explicit..but then I prefer that none of the couples get too explicit. I always feel it's unnecessary. I don't feel this program crossed any lines. I really like her dress.

Really wishe NBC had shown more of the SD ( at least the top 3). Just have towait for YouTube , I guess.

I do despise kids in competitive skating, and I felt that strongly with the Shibutanis of yester year, but they are all grown up now and times have changed.

I love the Fox Trot in ballroom dancing and for skating it there was nothing so good as Torval/Dean that Oly year in which they were beaten by a pretentious Swing dance. The Shibutanis have now brought the dance back to its proper level. They looked marvelous! It's a dance of strong edges.

Serious Business

Record Breaker
I don't have a problem with sibling couples portraying romance on ice either, it's a performance. However, I did find it amusing to note that the Hubbells generated more chemistry and heat than all the other couples shown. Davis/White seemed more like a pair of siblings in their tango than the Hubbells.