Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Thread: Ladies - Long Program

Custom Title
    Yes, this is Sarah's last performance and wont be at World's, but a great ending for her.

Romy Buhler did very well and should be picked for World's.

Custom Title
    On the whole a disappointing competition. Most of the final group seemed to be scared that they may win. Meier's performance was superb, how she held her nerve when all before her couldn't and in front of her crowd, I do not know. Her delight at her score and the reaction from her and her coach when they realised she how won along with the crowd reaction was unforgettable. Defintiely the moment of the championship for me.

I am glad Kostner did not win but at least she was able to come back and put in a good performance (but not her best) to get on to the podium. Both Evita programmes were way overmarked, Korpi should consider herself very lucky to be on the poduim. Surely both programmes were more that 10 points behind Meier. The big loser in all this was Leonova if she could only have put in a decent programme she would have been on the podium, again I would think that 105 was a bit low in comparsion to the skater around her in the free.

Unless Kostner improves in the next 7/8 weeks I don't see any european lady on the poduim or indeed anywhere near it.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikku View Post
    Don't know if this will be geoblocked for you (and the commentary is in Italian,too), but try this: (interviews start around 5:30) chatting with Stephane

The Swiss-German part from what I could understand:
    SM: I feel like in a movie. I've always dreamed of this moment...I couldn't believe that it has come true now.
    SL: You told me: I'm gonna die...You've been born. You haven't died, you've won! And we're very proud!
    SM: (crowd too loud, couldn't understand the beginning)...I really had to control myself, so that all these emotions wouldn't come out already before I'd even started, and I was really so nervous, I said: I think I have to die. But luckily, I've survived.
    SL: That's awesome!

So cute how he kept patting her shoulder and rubbing her back
    Thanks so much for the link and the translation! Stephane is such a sweetheart here, and it's so great to see Meier rewarded for her hard work, and on home ice.

Custom Title
    sarah's victory was a special moment under all these circumstances (injury, poor results the last seasons, goodbye competition) and it wasn't even a gift only because she is swiss and euros were held in switzerland. her only mistake in the whole competition was a single toe after the salchow.
    I'm a carolina fan but i told myself that i am going to avoid this sport if she wins this with three falls overall.

perfect moment to end your career. stop talking about worlds, guys.. it won't get any better than this.

i had to fight with tears too. very touching moment after the last group had skated quite poorly

Custom Title
    Congratulations, Sarah! I cried with you at the very moment.

Seriously, I don't think her performance is forgettable at all regardless of all the other situations, injury, retirement and home country.
    To me, she has no bad tecnique or bad habit or bad position in her skating and did the best performance that she could. Beautiful!

Custom Title
    Wish Makarova had landed her jumps because what I saw was totally Katarina Witt worthy choreo and I never thought that about her before ever!!!

W/me on Dial Up, it took close to 24hrs for Sarah's LP Performance to load for me, but boy was that wait worth it!!

I've always enjoyed watching Sarah and to see her struggle the last few years has been heart breaking, but what a way for her to end her Career on. That was just so wonderful to watch and her reaction on realizing she'd won was joy personified.

Congratulations Sarah and Good Luck on this next stage of your life. You can look back on your skating career w/no regrets whatsoever.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    I have been looking the kiss n cry moment like 100 times by now, her expression having not understand she is first after the 112 is priceless.
    Did you see her gala? so touching.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12