Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Ladies - Long Program

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Oh that was so wonderful! I just watched the video. Her reaction was priceless!!!! And such wonderful homeland elation. It's like Irina in Moscow only Sarah was so shocked. Heh.

Yey. I'm so happy for her!!!

[SIZE="1"]And thanks for YLE tv for cutting to Stephane Lambiel looking all happy and hot.[/SIZE]

Tripping on the Podium
    That was indeed a wonderful skate from Sarah plus her reaction in the Kiss and Cry made me want to cry. Her shocked and ecstatic face plus the jubilation of the crowd was amazing. And yeah, seeing Stephane was an added bonus.

Beautiful podium!

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    I found this to be a very poor competition. Japanese Nationals, Russian Nationals, and U.S. Nationals are all individually more exciting and display more talent than the whole of eligible Europe right now...

It's a great personal moment for Meier but I honestly thought her program and performance were completely forgettable. The podium placements were correct but I won't be revisiting any of these performances in the future (maybe Korpi's SP but that's about it).

Custom Title
    I really wish some of these ladies would leave their comfort zone and come up with something we haven't seen from them before. Esp. after the Olympics.

Just watched Meier's performance on Eurosport UK: the commentators had Scott Hamilton's levels of excitment
    I'll never get tired of re-watching it...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    I found this to be a very poor competition. Japanese Nationals, Russian Nationals, and U.S. Nationals are all individually more exciting and display more talent than the whole of eligible Europe right now...

It's a great personal moment for Meier but I honestly thought her program and performance were completely forgettable. The podium placements were correct but I won't be revisiting any of these performances in the future (maybe Korpi's SP but that's about it).
    Yes, it wasn't the greatest competition, but sometimes, I think the moments are bigger than the skating itself. Here's a well loved veteran who is coming back from injury, who has come close but never won, skates clean at home and wins the big one while her countrymen cheer her on. Who can't love that story?
    Last edited by oleada; 01-29-2011 at 02:43 PM.

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    Yes, it wasn't the greatest competition, but sometimes, I think the moments are bigger than the skating itself. Here's a well loved veteran who is coming back from injury, who has come close but never won, skates clean at home and wins the big one while her countrymen cheer her on. Who can't love that story?
    Yeah, It's hard not to agree with the Blades about the overall quality of the skating but at least there was a beautiful personal moment.

Besides, you can never count the European ladies out. Look at Laura last year at worlds. Sometimes I think the U.S. ladies have greater depth but _ where are the big results? I think the Eureo ladies are outside world medal contenders and so are the U.S. ladies for now.

Edgy Details
    OMG, my prediction about Sarah fighting her injuries back and coming back as a medal contender was right (yupi, a bit of personal satisfaction, when almost no one in the prediction thread mentioned her )... I am so happppyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. This was the best moment for me this season! I just officially hate Eurosport. They did not show ladies live and I missed this the most touching medal ceremony... :( Eurosport was happily filling their empty broadcast with figure skating during the week, but for the weekend they just abandoned it.

But other than Sarah victory, the competition was very poor... The silver medalist falls two times in short and once in long (althought her LP was ok, I still think she was overscored)... The bronze medalist has the most messy performance I have seen from her and she still manages to win the bronze (also, overscored in PCS).. No one else steps up with a good program to win the medal.
    Personally, I would have
    1. Sarah M
    2 Ira Valnnut
    3. Carolina Kostner
    Ira did two spot on programes, and although she is not the most expressive (yet) and lacks certain maturity, she is fast, her elements are good, and her jumps were great. That is sport and I would reward her athletism. Looking at this splat fast I do not think she looked less interesting than other ladies. Definitely not worse than Korpi. Her LP was just painful to watch.

PS I loved this young Estonian girl.
    Last edited by Kinga; 01-29-2011 at 05:17 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post

Man, you really look for the silver lining, don't you? Don't worry, I agree, but Meier's elation is enough. I've always liked her and respected her guts (skating at the 2009 Worlds just to ensure that the Olympic spots would still be there despite injury).

Wierd to think she has a title that Lambiel himself doesn't, though.

Edgy Details
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Meier's elation is enough. I've always liked her and respected her guts (skating at the 2009 Worlds just to ensure that the Olympic spots would still be there despite injury).
    Yes, she has always been very tough. I so much admire her for that!! Plus, she was robbed quite a few times, so this victory tastes even sweeter!!!

Custom Title
    CONGRATS to the veteran!!!!! AWESOME!!!!!

Custom Title
    Maybe not the best competition in terms of technical elements and clean skates but few ones can bring such emotions as this one has done!
    First the comeback of Carolina. Many cannot like her o think that she is overscored (I think not) or whatever but today she delivered a beautiful program even with the fall. She shows that she is in a class of her own right now in europe and finally it is shown in her PCS. I'm proud of her.
    But somehow I'm kind of happy that she didn't won because this time sarah deserved the title. When she ended the program I was crying with her even if I was not a so huge fan of her (but I like her). Moments like this are magic for people who are witnessing them. She really deserved it after all the problems she've been through and the fact that this happened at home make it more beautiful.

To whom who have not seen the victory ceremony please see it: it's the more beautiful I've ever seen. The perfect example of sportmanship and friendship that should be always be in athlets and their fans.
    Thank you to Sarah, Carolina and Kira for this beautiful moments.

Quote Originally Posted by aemeraldrainc View Post
    Wow!
    Lambiel was about to interview her and then fromsport.com cut it off!
    I wanna seeee! hehe.
    Don't know if this will be geoblocked for you (and the commentary is in Italian,too), but try this: (interviews start around 5:30) [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uy5MJ6j2OXk"]chatting with Stephane[/URL]

The Swiss-German part from what I could understand:
    SM: I feel like in a movie. I've always dreamed of this moment...I couldn't believe that it has come true now.
    SL: You told me: I'm gonna die...You've been born. You haven't died, you've won! And we're very proud!
    SM: (crowd too loud, couldn't understand the beginning)...I really had to control myself, so that all these emotions wouldn't come out already before I'd even started, and I was really so nervous, I said: I think I have to die. But luckily, I've survived.
    SL: That's awesome!

So cute how he kept patting her shoulder and rubbing her back

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by beep_beep View Post
    Just watched Meier's performance on Eurosport UK: the commentators had Scott Hamilton's levels of excitment
    I'll never get tired of re-watching it...
    icannot find the Uk video , where did you see it??

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Man, you really look for the silver lining, don't you? Don't worry, I agree, but Meier's elation is enough. I've always liked her.
    I've always liked her too. I'll just pretend that her LP here was the performance she gave at either 2006 Worlds or 2006 Skate America.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXSfoBfBR7M[/url]

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBN5eySEWaM[/url]

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast