Pairs LP | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Pairs LP

cloudkicker09

Final Flight
I am sorry by the pairs team on right now with the white costumes, she has WAY too much black eyeliner on, and has spent too much time tanning she looks orange next to the white outfit.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Standing ovation for Caitlin and John!

And he started to break down in tears, it looked like. Loooooot of stuff thrown on the ice.

"That was the best I've ever felt in my whole life." - John Coughlin

emma

Record Breaker
so, Y/C did it. brought tears to my eyes. audicence clapping standing ). very smooth and fluid and calm and lovely. maybe little bobbles. but nice.

open 2 axel
3 twist
throw 3 loop or sal little bobble but landed
3 jump combo or sequence I forget.
lift
death spiral
sbs spins with respectable unison especially to start
pairs spiral sequence
throw 3 sal very nice (or was it a loop.

two lifts
final pairs spin.

they are teary eyed. his dad is crying.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
YES! Y/C didn't wilt! I am in tears! The crowd is giving them a very deserved SO! Only problems I saw were the over-rotated throw 3loop landing, but she held onto it wonderfully, and maybe a slight sync problem in one of their spins, but overall, very nice, and I think it should be enough to win the title so far, depending on what E/L can do. TERRIFIC! :love:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
That performance had me in tears. I am so happy for them. Loved it.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
61.97 + 62.48 = 124.45 FS

188.45 total score, amazing skate and easily into first by Caitlin and John!

To skate after that by Amanda Evora and Mark Ladwig - could be rough after the crowd reaction.

lavender

Record Breaker
One of the best U.S. pairs competitions with hardly any falls (especially on the elements). I'm proud of them all.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
They need at least about 112.70 for the silver, which is definitely doable for them. But they do need to beat around 125.50 for the gold. Possible but it won't be easy.

So hard to estimate a score when they do something like Mark's slight issue with the jump combo or Amanda's hand down on the throw jump, but also have that amazing throw triple lutz. And that lift!

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I would give Amanda and Mark the silver medal! He stepped out of the 2Axel, she put both hands down on the HUGE throw 3loop, but still fought and landed it, and they had a jittery exit from their final lift, but they were 2nd after the SP, so that should help them. Their speed and lifts are really impressive, the best of the competition, IMO. Well done! :love:

emma

Record Breaker
Evora and Ladwig did a very good job; few bobbles and probably ceded it to Y/C as a result (although second half bonuses might add up). but very respectable skate, so glad tghey will likely be on the world team

so 3 twist
3 toes
th 3 lutz nice
sbs spins ok unison that they lose by the end.
mirror spread eagles nice into spiral sequence.
2 axel half loop 2 axel little tight fight for it
pairs spin
lift
thr 3 loop huge but hand down
lfit right on beat of music
death spiral
lift with problem coming down but they cover and end a second early

not perfect but really a lovely program and they should be 2nd (or third).

lavender

Record Breaker
Still great competition. I wish they didn't have the bobble at the end. Y/C are my fav overall even before coming into this but it's nothing like a competition where everyone is mostly on.

Denney/Barret - Well choreographed program and well skated musically and packed with high level tricks. They rose to the occasion.

Marley/Brubaker - Also well choreographed program; well skated and musically packed with high/higher(?) level tricks. What caused the fall? Was it a too close blades or a rut in the ice? It marred the program, but was it forgiveable?

Caitline/John - Verty nicely skated. She is able to capture this Chopin or Bach(?) music and he is trying.

Evora/Ladwiq - Probably the best of the teams so far.Both skaters know what to do and they do it well.

All in All, the USFS has good teams to send to Worlds whatever it turns out.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Amanda and Mark's scores

62.09 + 60.26 = 122.35 FS score

For a total of 185.22. Silver, awesome!

Caitlin and John win the gold!

Caydee and Jeremy with the bronze.
Mary Beth and Rockne with the pewter.

Last edited: