Pairs LP | Golden Skate

Pairs LP

Nadine

Record Breaker
Barely got any sleep, but made sure to get up just in time for Gretchen Donlan & Andrew Speroff. Loooooved their Led Zeppelin "Stairway to Heaven" FS. :) Too bad about the fall on the side-by-side 2A by her (in the past he was the one that had problems with it, but not today). :cool:

Nadine

Record Breaker
Becky B. & her partner had a nice skate to "Chicago". Lots of show presence, too bad about the mistake on the death spiral, if that didn't happen they would have finished higher imho.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Good skate by Molly Aaron & Daniel Cohen, just a freak fall by her on a side-by-side jump and I think she had a touchdown of her hand on a throw jump. And now the replay shows her two-footing the throw 3R jump, and he had a stumble on his side-by-side jump. But their interpretation to "Malaguena" was pretty good! :)

Nadine

Record Breaker
ALL RIGHT, Donlan & Speroff are leading thus far out of 6 pairs that have skated thus far!!!!! :cool: :party: :party2:

They were in 9th place after the SP, out of 13 pairs, but now they are going to definitely move up a spot or two ~ YEAH!!!!!! :rock:

Nadine

Record Breaker
That's it, they're not showing any more. :( Says Championship FD up next. :)

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DONLAN & SPEROFF!!!!! :love:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Nice to watch on big screen tv in HD. Just showed Caitlin and John's SP. It was just gorgeous. My fingers are crossed that they
win Gold this afternoon. Wishing all the pairs good luck.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Nice to watch on big screen tv in HD. Just showed Caitlin and John's SP. It was just gorgeous. My fingers are crossed that they
win Gold this afternoon. Wishing all the pairs good luck.

Darn, just a few minutes too late to see that.

Caydee's dress (maybe minus a few of the stones on the top front part of the neck area) is really lovely.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Wow, good synchronization on those side-by-side spins for Caydee and Jeremy.

AnnikinSolo

Rinkside
Unfortunately I cannot watch. The NBC east coast feed available on 1TVPC is coming out of an NBC affiliate in Florida and they are showing some kind of local parade instead of the Pairs LP. :mad: I do not like waiting three hours from the tape delay on the west coast. I sure hope that station in Florida does not chack the ladies LP tonight. I believe it is supposed to air on NBC at 8PM Eastern, IIRC.

emma

Record Breaker
i really stink out doing pbp's - and worse with pairs than singles. But, they had good energy and show lot's of improvement on the "finesse" factor. I think they did a throw3tiwst; 3 toes nice; throw 3 lutz; 2 axel sequence. nice sbs spins. good.

demarinis5

Record Breaker
Caydee and Jeremy are not ready to reliquish their National title yet. Theys skated like champions they should be very happy.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Caydee and Jeremy skated well for themselves. He stepped out of the 1st 2Axel in the 2Axel+2Axel sequence and he was a little unsteady on the 1 foot lift, and overall, they skate with much less speed and less choreographic and transition content than the very best pairs in the world. Their skating has way too many basic crossovers. For skating in the US though, what they did was fine, and I wouldn't be surprised to see them move up considerably with that skate.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Unfortunately I cannot watch. The NBC east coast feed available on 1TVPC is coming out of an NBC affiliate in Florida and they are showing some kind of local parade instead of the Pairs LP. :mad: I do not like waiting three hours from the tape delay on the west coast. I sure hope that station in Florida does not chack the ladies LP tonight. I believe it is supposed to air on NBC at 8PM Eastern, IIRC.

Nope, 9 PM EST. See the TV Broadcast schedule (EST times) here.

117something for Caydee and Jeremy, I believe. Didn't fully catch it because I forgot my closed captioning was still on and it blocked it.

Time for Mary Beth and Rockne! Gooooooooo!

emma

Record Breaker
holy WOW unbelievable! They have only been together 5 months; she's only 15 or 16 and never skated pairs????? whaaaaaaaaaaaat??? Sure, lot's to work on, but color me impressed. and brave. after that fall just while skating I thought, and now it unravels...but no, she kept it together and they smiled and emoted and skated very well. congrats!

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Wow, wow, wow!

Nasty fluke fall part of the way through, but still. That was an amazing skate, especially considering that not only are they a new pair, but Mary Beth is brand new to pairs. A few synchronicity issues (like their side-by-side jumps, actually, more than the spins) but still - I would like to see more of them.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Respectable skate from Marley/Brubaker! Freak tracking fall from both of them, a throw 2flip instead of 3flip, an overall unsteady feeling throughout, but what impressed me most is that they evoke so much more emotion and skate with so much more speed than Denny/Barrett already, and they've only been together 5 months! I think they could possibly have a bright future! Her big smile is infectious and Rockne is a terrific pairs partner! They both have pleasing posture, but just need to clean up their technical elements. Well done!

demarinis5

Record Breaker
Very impressed with Rockne and Marybeth. Can't believe they have only been together for 5 months. Nasty fall but they pushed thru the rest of the program very well I might add.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
55.16 + 50.29 = 105.45 FS Score

Total = 163.59, into 2nd. Caydee and Jeremy have at least the bronze.