Mens - Long Program | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Mens - Long Program

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Viktor PFEIFER's circus themed program was totally lacking in energy. He sleepwalked his way through it like an abused and malnourished circus elephant.

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I will have to wait about 10 minutes before I actually see him, but I wanted to cheer: GO ADRIAN!!!!! SKATE LIKE WE KNOW YOU CAN!!!!

kiz_4Ever

On the Ice
great program for Adrian!! huge 4t, then a stepout and some mistakes, but standing ovation for him!!!

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
great program for Adrian!! huge 4t, then a stepout and some mistakes, but standing ovation for him!!!

I'm so happy the crowd stood up for him! :yay:

Last edited:

kiz_4Ever

On the Ice
lol! some problems with the replay! they showed also a bit of menshov! :)
anyway great 2nd with 178+!

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Adrian SCHULTHEISS lands the 4t, but starts losing his rhythm on the jumps and borking the landings. He may be subject to some dreaded UR calls. I think the slow and overused Romeo and Juliet music did not serve him well. Really, he had so much more energy and excitement when he skated to "Smack My ***** Up".

aemeraldrainc

Final Flight
Adrian SCHULTHEISS lands the 4t, but starts losing his rhythm on the jumps and borking the landings. He may be subject to some dreaded UR calls. I think the slow and overused Romeo and Juliet music did not serve him well. Really, he had so much more energy and excitement when he skated to "Smack My ***** Up".

You're probably right. (Didn't see all of his performance. Just the ending.)
"Smack My B**** Up"??
I need to see this!

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Adrian SCHULTHEISS (SWE)

From delayed feed...

4T - good
3A - scratchy landing, maybe UR
3Lz-2T - a bit shaky landing
FCSp
3Lo - a bit lean on landing
SlSt
3S - scratchy landing, twofoot, maybe UR
spin, didn't notice what kind
3A - stepout, no combo
3F - stepout
3Lz-2T-2T
ChSt
CSSp

Score: 119.83, total 178.19 and 2nd for now

Serious Business

Record Breaker
You're probably right. (Didn't see all of his performance. Just the ending.)
"Smack My B**** Up"??
I need to see this!

Adrian SCHULTHEISS skated to a medley of Massive Attack, Cypress Hill, Prodigy and some other songs for his Olympic LP. He skated in a stylized strait jacket and portrayed a nutter. He landed every single jump, including a quad perfectly. His imitation of a nutbag was uncanny. Unfortunately he was criminally underscored in the interpretation and performance marks. Go see it soon if you can.

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I think the slow and overused Romeo and Juliet music did not serve him well. Really, he had so much more energy and excitement when he skated to "Smack My ***** Up".

I agree. R&J is far too mundane for his unique style.

I wish he had looked a little bit more happy/excited.
maybe just my perception.

Adrian seems to be suffering from clinical depression, which probably explains his subdued reaction.

"Smack My B**** Up"??
I need to see this!

You never saw his "Insane in the Brain" masterpiece??? :eek:

aemeraldrainc

Final Flight
I agree. R&J is far too mundane for his unique style.

Adrian seems to be suffering from clinical depression, which probably explains his subdued reaction.

You never saw his "Insane in the Brain" masterpiece??? :eek:

Yeah, I've read the articles/thread and that's why I meant that I wished he had looked happier.
I really feel for him.

OMG! I totally didn't realize that "Smack My B**** Up" was part of the medley of "Insane in the Brain"!!!
Duh! Of course I saw that! Classic!

*edited to add*
I thought Serious Business was talking about an exhibition program for some reason.

Last edited:

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
I'm proud of Adrian. He fought for it. He has great versatility in his skating, because he is highly skilled, and really enters into the theme of each programme. In spite of recovering from injury, he gave a performance well worth watching, and I'm so glad that the crowd showed him their appreciation.