Mens - Long Program | Page 11 | Golden Skate

Mens - Long Program

Layfan

Record Breaker
Are you guys seeing Florent and Brian give each other huge hugs backstage? So cute!!!! Aw. I love Brian forever after that. Yey. Brian came back to win silver. Geez, he just always comes back fighting doesn't he?

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I would put tomas is 4th or 5th to many mistakes. Leave the podium the way it is ALTHOUGH I still think Brian should be European Champion

NO Kevin deserved the Bronze over Tomas!!!!

I know this is redundant, but it's figure skating, not figure jumping. Verner's spins, footwork, and overall programs (skating skills, transitions, choreography, and musical interpretation) are much better than VDP's.

Last edited:

Layfan

Record Breaker
I would put tomas is 4th or 5th to many mistakes. Leave the podium the way it is ALTHOUGH I still think Brian should be European Champion

NO Kevin deserved the Bronze over Tomas!!!!

I think you mean you wanted Brian to be European Champion. Come on. He was in 8th after the SP, for pete's sake.

Not sure what Keven's placement was coming in from the short but I think he outskated Tomas tonight anyway.

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I know this is redundant, but it's figure skating, not figure jumping. Verner's spins, footwork, and overall programs are much better than VDP's.

Yes, thank you for pointing that out.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
I would have given Tomas the silver over Joubert. His PCS should be more than just 1 point higher than Brian. Amodio was the clear winner, and Kevin Van Der Perren most certainly did not deserve a medal.

Layfan

Record Breaker
I know this is redundant, but it's figure skating, not figure jumping. Verner's spins, footwork, and overall programs are much better than VDP's.

I agree with that sort of. With Verner's overall skating yes. But I really don't like Michael Jackson for him. I thought he looked awkward. Especially comparing him to Florent - Florent pulled off the music much better.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I would have given Tomas the silver over Joubert. His PCS should be more than just 1 point higher than Brian. Amodio was the clear winner, and Kevin Van Der Perren most certainly did not deserve a medal.

Totally agree! Slow, laborious skating filled with basic crossovers does not merit a medal.

artsciboy

On the Ice
I know Amodio was the clear SP winner - and is a great skater overall - but that LP vehicle of his does him such a great disservice. As someone pointed out, its figure SKATING. Clearly Amodio can dance, but dancing on one spot several times throughout his program does not a skater make. His PCS should have been much lower. Combined with his tech mistakes today - the fall on the loop, edge call on his flip and his repetition of the lutz without doing a combo - he should not have gotten that high a score and won.

And the Russian politiking is at it again - Gachinski scored way too high for that program (PCS in particular - one Pluschenko was bad enough, but now another...sigh).

cloudkicker09

Final Flight
but that LP vehicle of his does him such a great disservice. As someone pointed out, its figure SKATING. but dancing on one spot several times throughout his program does not a skater make. His PCS should have been much lower. Combined with his tech mistakes today - the fall on the loop, edge call on his flip and his repetition of the lutz without doing a combo - he should not have gotten that high a score and won.

And the Russian politiking is at it again - Gachinski scored way too high for that program (PCS in particular - one Pluschenko was bad enough, but now another...sigh).

ITA Brian was the best of the night!!!!!

jan

On the Ice
I think all of the European skaters have a lot of work to do before worlds. Compare them to Patrick Chan and there is no contest!!