Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Thread: Mens - Long Program

Addicted to handsome, artistic male skaters ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    I know this is redundant, but it's figure skating, not figure jumping. Verner's spins, footwork, and overall programs are much better than VDP's.
    Yes, thank you for pointing that out.

Banned
    I would have given Tomas the silver over Joubert. His PCS should be more than just 1 point higher than Brian. Amodio was the clear winner, and Kevin Van Der Perren most certainly did not deserve a medal.

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    I know this is redundant, but it's figure skating, not figure jumping. Verner's spins, footwork, and overall programs are much better than VDP's.
    I agree with that sort of. With Verner's overall skating yes. But I really don't like Michael Jackson for him. I thought he looked awkward. Especially comparing him to Florent - Florent pulled off the music much better.

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    I would have given Tomas the silver over Joubert. His PCS should be more than just 1 point higher than Brian. Amodio was the clear winner, and Kevin Van Der Perren most certainly did not deserve a medal.
    Totally agree! Slow, laborious skating filled with basic crossovers does not merit a medal.

Party at the BJDG!!!!

Totally agree!
    What a surprise given your avatar.

ETA: Oh you were talking about Kevin, sorry. Yeah, I'm glad Kevin did well but his skating does not wow me.

Custom Title
    I know Amodio was the clear SP winner - and is a great skater overall - but that LP vehicle of his does him such a great disservice. As someone pointed out, its figure SKATING. Clearly Amodio can dance, but dancing on one spot several times throughout his program does not a skater make. His PCS should have been much lower. Combined with his tech mistakes today - the fall on the loop, edge call on his flip and his repetition of the lutz without doing a combo - he should not have gotten that high a score and won.

And the Russian politiking is at it again - Gachinski scored way too high for that program (PCS in particular - one Pluschenko was bad enough, but now another...sigh).

Quote Originally Posted by artsciboy View Post
    but that LP vehicle of his does him such a great disservice. As someone pointed out, its figure SKATING. but dancing on one spot several times throughout his program does not a skater make. His PCS should have been much lower. Combined with his tech mistakes today - the fall on the loop, edge call on his flip and his repetition of the lutz without doing a combo - he should not have gotten that high a score and won.

And the Russian politiking is at it again - Gachinski scored way too high for that program (PCS in particular - one Pluschenko was bad enough, but now another...sigh).
    ITA Brian was the best of the night!!!!!

Custom Title
    I think all of the European skaters have a lot of work to do before worlds. Compare them to Patrick Chan and there is no contest!!

Quote Originally Posted by artsciboy
    one Pluschenko was bad enough
    What?!!

Custom Title
    Brian Joubert is SUPER!

What a fighter!

Custom Title
    Dissapointing night of skating overall. Joubert overmarked in the free and way overmarked in the short is pulled up to the podium via very generous PCS. Probably over the both the short and long Amodio was the best but he wasn't at his best tonight and there is a lot of standing on the one spot in the programme. It was close between between KVDP and Verner but Verner deserved it more as even though his jumps were on tonight he had the better all round package. It's nearly as if KVDP only practices jumps his spins and steps are so poor in comparsion. Gachinski over marked especially on PCS, have no idea what the choreography was all about.

Very disappointing for Brezina but he is coming back from injury. I am getting a bit tired of Fernandez having the same programme time for a change. Would like to have seen Menshovs performance but eurosport were only live for the last two groups.

I can't see there be any europeans on the podium in Tokyo

Banned
    The only way a European will sneak in for bronze at Worlds is if the Japanese men all crash and burn badly under the pressure of being on home ice. I think Verner has the best shot still if he skates to his potential.

The podium seemed right to me. Congratulations to Florent on his first European title, to Brian on his tenth European medal and to Tomás on his third European medal!

Quote Originally Posted by artsciboy View Post
    I know Amodio was the clear SP winner - and is a great skater overall - but that LP vehicle of his does him such a great disservice. As someone pointed out, its figure SKATING. Clearly Amodio can dance, but dancing on one spot several times throughout his program does not a skater make. His PCS should have been much lower.
    In general I think I'm for a ban on skating to Michael Jackson. Most people on the planet look stupid trying to dance to MJ and it definitely rarely translates well to the ice. At least Florent can move well to the music - unlike Verner, sorry - but you're right and it doesn't make for good skating.

Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast