Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Thread: Mens - Long Program

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    The only way a European will sneak in for bronze at Worlds is if the Japanese men all crash and burn badly under the pressure of being on home ice. I think Verner has the best shot still if he skates to his potential.
    The Japanese men rarely seem to all do well at the same time. I kind of think anything could happen.

Custom Title
    Hey Brian haters, he is still alive and winning, suck it!!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by artsciboy View Post
    I know Amodio was the clear SP winner - and is a great skater overall - but that LP vehicle of his does him such a great disservice. As someone pointed out, its figure SKATING. Clearly Amodio can dance, but dancing on one spot several times throughout his program does not a skater make.
    ITA. Posing and dancing on one spot for around a whole minute of the program may be entertaining but is not really great skating. I hope he gets a better program next season.

Medalist
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2Dr4KDCxOA

Hey, Amodio's expressions are really scaring. Lol

In the void
    (PCS in particular - one Pluschenko was bad enough, but now another...sigh).
    ITA big time. I LOATHE this arm waving called "choreography" and thought the nightmare was over, when Plushenko retired. Then he started comebacks plus running around a violinist and now we have Gachinski...

Quote Originally Posted by zandor View Post
    Brian Joubert is SUPER!

What a fighter!
    GO BRIAN!!!! That is right Zandor, Brian is a fighter, and tonight proved that, he is going to countinue to keep fighting, he is not going anywhere and the judges recognize that and will continue to support his fight

Custom Title
    Hey Brian haters, he is still alive and winning, suck it!!
    Brian won...I thought Florent won. Nevermind..I see that Florent won

Congrats to all the medalist. I kind of felt bad for Brian after that awful fall on the lutz. That was a weird fall.
    Last edited by lavender; 01-29-2011 at 05:11 PM.

Custom Title
    I know Amodio was the clear SP winner - and is a great skater overall - but that LP vehicle of his does him such a great disservice. As someone pointed out, its figure SKATING. Clearly Amodio can dance, but dancing on one spot several times throughout his program does not a skater make. His PCS should have been much lower. Combined with his tech mistakes today - the fall on the loop, edge call on his flip and his repetition of the lutz without doing a combo - he should not have gotten that high a score and won.

And the Russian politiking is at it again - Gachinski scored way too high for that program (PCS in particular - one Pluschenko was bad enough, but now another...sigh).
    Count me as one that agrees here - I enjoyed Amodios SP much more then this silly, posey LP - sorry say the crowd seemed to get into it, but not enough skating for me.

If Gachinski becomes the next big thing I may have to stop watching - I just can't handle his style

I'm really glad the Italian commentators said Brian's PCS marks were incredibly inflated^^ They really were

Gachinski's just a Plushenko impersonator, I really dislike his "style".
    Quote Originally Posted by ivy View Post
    Count me as one that agrees here - I enjoyed Amodios SP much more then this silly, posey LP - sorry say the crowd seemed to get into it, but not enough skating for me.

If Gachinski becomes the next big thing I may have to stop watching - I just can't handle his style

Edgy Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Layfan View Post
    I agree with that sort of. With Verner's overall skating yes. But I really don't like Michael Jackson for him. I thought he looked awkward.
    I love Tomas and his skating, but both his programs for this season are so much less vivid and entertaining than before. They just leave me cold. He is also much slower than in the past and elements lack this superb quality that he used to present. But his PCS remains unchanged... So if he had skated clean I would have him on the podium, but with these mistakes, the programes become completely pale... Therefore I think KVDP should have won bronze (Ufff, I cannot believe I have said that ) - he had a pale program too, but clean jumps.

I might be totally in minority here, but I actually liked Gachinsky's LP. It was dynamic and fast. Music accents were emphasized (even if it was Plushenko's reminiscence and I did not actually like Plushenko at all! ).
    I still dont know what to make out of Jouberts LP - once I like it and I think he is interpreting the music well in his own 'unclassical' way, but in the next seconds I cannot help to think that it is a bit fake expression from him (I have to see the progam again). Plus that URed 4T...

Ita
    Quote Originally Posted by jan View Post
    i think all of the european skaters have a lot of work to do before worlds. Compare them to patrick chan and there is no contest!!

Custom Title
    Chan doing three quads Euro mens winner not doing one quad. Oh Boy Euro men probably not going to challenge Chan or be on podium possibly.

Edgy Details
    Quote Originally Posted by ivy View Post
    Maybe the crowd got into it, beacuse it is freaking cold in the arena

Custom Title
    If Chan takes 8 stops in the program to emote, I'm sure he can show his critics some awesome expressions.

Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast