Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Gala?

Gala?

When is the gala and can someone please post a PBP of what everyone skated to

The gala will be shown on NBC this afternoon (2/5/11), 2;30 PM to 4:30 PM EST. As always, check your local listings.
    Last edited by iluvtodd; 02-05-2011 at 06:36 AM.

^^Thanks for the heads up.

It is on NBC RIGHT NOW Rachel Flatt is skating, awful pink dress

Custom Title
    One thing that strikes me about Rachael is that she is really very pretty. I think she's thought of as not very glamorous, but she has such an expressive face, and her smile just sparkles. Whenever they do a closeup, I'm strongly aware of it. I've said before that she reminds me of Jayne Torvill, and I was conscious of that with this program. Interesting rendition of a song I like a lot, Elton John's "Your Song." As usual, her spreadeagle is splendid, and her Ina Bauer is very good. One thing I think she could improve is arm positions.

Edit: And here's Mirai. Glory be, does she have a mindboggling Ina Bauer! Practically in Shizuka territory. Watching her exhibition performance brings home the fact that we're leaving just about our best skater home when we go to Worlds. Of course I am proud of the other two, but it's a crying shame that Mirai won't be representing us in Japan.
    Last edited by Olympia; 02-05-2011 at 03:11 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    Edit: And here's Mirai. Glory be, does she have a mindboggling Ina Bauer! Practically in Shizuka territory. Watching her exhibition performance brings home the fact that we're leaving just about our best skater home when we go to Worlds. Of course I am proud of the other two, but it's a crying shame that Mirai won't be representing us in Japan.
    I so agree with you. Mirai's skating is wondrous and graceful, lithe and vigorous, florid yet firm. In my mind, there's no doubt that she would electrify the audience at Worlds.

Like subtlety in ice dancing Serious Business's Avatar
    Jeremy's exhibition was cuter than a barrel full of puppies vomiting up hairballs that turn out to be kittens (the kittens are alive and well and licking themselves).

Custom Title
    Jeremy's number was super cute - as well as being well constructed and skated. Nice to see a prop that stayed integral to the the skate all the way through!

2 songs with Ewan McGregor singing (I think?) - who'd have guessed?

Alissa, Alissa, Alissa. You are so pretty. Now stop falling down all the time.

Say what you want about Lysacek, but he is way better than any of the guys we've got now.

Shibutanis rule. But how could they miss with Louis Armstrong's La Vie en Rose?
    Last edited by Mathman; 02-05-2011 at 04:41 PM.

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    What did Mirai skate to?

Like subtlety in ice dancing Serious Business's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Layfan View Post
    What did Mirai skate to?
    She skated to Owl City's Fireflies, her regular gala skate this season.

Plain White Tee's getting a disturbing amount of love at this nationals.

Evan hasn't lost any of his skills, and improved his sensitivity towards the tango style with his stint on Dancing with the Stars. But Tango de Roxanne is so painfully overused. And Daisuke Takahashi's exhibition to the same song a few years back was masterful. I can't help but compare and Evan comes up way short despite his height.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Alissa, Alissa, Alissa. You are so pretty. Now stop falling down all the time.

Say what you want about Lysacek, but he is way better than any of the guys we've got now.

Shibutanis rule. But how could they miss with Louis Armstrong's La Vie en Rose?
    darn....I thought the gala was tomorrow and missed it!!! So, does this mean Alissa fell - or are just saying, stop falling in general. And, what did she skate to?

I hear you re: Lysacek, although I am so excited about some of the newer or younger "crop"; it will be interesting to see how they develop.

ETA - wow, I'm a little slow: does this mean Evan skated in the Ex???

And, I'm totally bummed to miss the Shibutanis exhibition - I finally, finally saw them skate with US nationals, and would love to see this exhibition too.

Custom Title
    Alissa fell on a double axel and a triple jump and I think she was exhausted!
    Last edited by gmyers; 02-05-2011 at 05:50 PM.

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    As a competitor maybe, but as a skater, HELL NO! As skaters, Jeremy Abbott and Jason Brown are definitely way better than him.

Custom Title

Why did Evan skate?

He didn't compete, so why did he skate in the gala? It kind of said to me that the guys in the competition were fine but Evan is really the champion, so you guys don't really matter. Isn't it a gala for the competition that Evan did not compete in? I'm thinking it's just wrong.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast