Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44

Thread: Ladies FS

Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    Nobody who's here is totally calm and collected all the time. Otherwise we'd be on a chess forum.
    Kasparov wuzrobbed against Kramnik in 2000. Kasparov would have crushed both Fischer and Karpov, who faced lesser competition in their day.

Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    My only point is when evaluating results one must consider the quality of competition as well.
    Still, you can only beat the people that you compete against. Alexander the Great would have lost to Dwight Eisenhower in the art of warfare (Eisenhower had an atom bomb).

Down With It
    I agree with MM- it's two different eras. Not the competitors' fault about the field they're up against once they hit their prime. Now, they may have been lucky to peak in a period where the field wasn't all that strong (think 2004, Olys/Worlds 2006), or they may have been UNlucky to peak in a period where the field was extraordinary (think Vancouver 2010). But everything is relative. Doesn't make the accomplishments of those who won in a "weaker" field less significant, since "a win is a win".

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    What is the point of going ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON about the gold medals that Sasha missed during her career?

You can't post anything about Sasha around here without people rushing to point out that she never won a world or Olympic medal and yada yada yada.

I can't even imagine harping on and on and on on about other skaters of the past who maybe didn't reach all of their goals. Some poster seem to live for criticizing certain skaters ad nauseum.

Boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Layfan View Post
    What is the point of going ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON about the gold medals that Sasha missed during her career?

You can't post anything about Sasha around here without people rushing to point out that she never won a world or Olympic medal and yada yada yada.

I can't even imagine harping on and on and on on about other skaters of the past who maybe didn't reach all of their goals. Some poster seem to live for criticizing certain skaters ad nauseum.

Boring.
    so true! and all those antiKwan posters who never failed to mention she never won an Oly. So what?

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Still, you can only beat the people that you compete against. Alexander the Great would have lost to Dwight Eisenhower in the art of warfare (Eisenhower had an atom bomb).
    I would love to use this as my facebook status - it is totally awesome!

Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44