Ladies FS | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Ladies FS

Trewyn

Medalist
Found a different computer just in time for ash, right? OMG the first time watching US Nats live!

loop9497

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Painful to watch, feel so sorry for Morgan after she had a terrific tango in the SP! :)

I think she only landed one clean triple (3T at end), but she has absolutely BREATHTAKING Ina Bauers & Spread Eagles to match Rachael Flatt's (could be twins when it comes to these moves).

Better luck next time, Morgan, this is just a learning experience. :love:

I also liked her spread eagles. And I was happy she landed her last jump. Good note to end on.

I also noticed the costume - I think it was just the side cutout view from the back.

sk8indel

On the Ice
I like Yasmin and the fact that she pays attention to the details of the music at 14. I hope she continues to improve.

I remember watching her as an intermediate at junior nationals in December 2007 (man how do I remember that, I was only 12 myself haha) Anyhow, she was 11 then and had the musicality already.

herro

On the Ice
Ashley Wagner - 7th after SP

3flip/2toe (beautiful flow-out, nicely timed with beats of music)
2axel/3toe (two-foot on the toe)
3lutz (beautiful)
very Michelle-esque layback (with free leg down)
beautiful spiral sequence (great extension)
flying sit spin (interesting arm position - one arm raised above head at a slight angle)
3loop/2toe/2toe (nice Ashley!)
3sal (wow)
3loop (from 3-turns - nice)
1flip (aww)
spirited footwork (but I can't help but imagine Sasha's genius footwork...)
final combination spin (good positions, beautiful Bielmann at the end)

Nicely done!

SP: 52.72
FS: 110.73
Total: 165.36 - Currently 1st

Last edited:

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
HUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge smile on her face and the "Yes! Yes!" with the fist pump. Brava, Ashley!

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ashley showing her usual flair and fight in the LP. She singled her 2nd 3flip and it appeared she two-footed 2 of her triples.

emma

Record Breaker
Yeah Ashley!!!!! One mistake; great skate overall. This skater has such talent - my goodness. Loved her program. Love her dress. Loved her energy.

ETA: i was quoting Scott on the one mistake thing, assuming he was referring to the popped jump (as in one glaring mistake).

Nadine

Record Breaker
GREAT COMEBACK BY ASHLEY!!!! WHAT A FIGHTER!!!! *where's Christina Aguilera's song about this* ;)

Only opened up on one triple jump, but landed at least 6 (the running 3-turns into 3R was FAB!)! :thumbsup: Couple of cheats looked like to me, but Scott only called 1?

But what a comeback, fighter, et al, if she keeps hanging in there I think she'll have a moment(s) like Alissa Czisny, whom has stuck with it throughout the years! :thumbsup: