Ladies FS | Page 17 | Golden Skate

Ladies FS

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
GO CZISNY!!!!! Congratulations to Flatt for the fight (didn't see any performances, paying attention here).

I knew Czisny would have her Wylie moment this season, and it's coming to life. Fantastic.

kyla2

Final Flight
Ladies

Alissa skated very well. Mirai did well also, a few mistakes which did not wreck the program. None of the programs were flawless. Rachael's program was not great. I would never have placed her ahead of Nagasu. Ashley skated very well also. Frank was right on both counts: Mirai is the greatest skater in the world and she did give it away. It was hers to win. When she is on, she has no equal.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Congratulations, Alissa! Another US title!

If Ryan Bradley wins the men's title, that would be awesome. Two skaters who were considering retirement, then coming back to win titles, just shows you how amazing these skaters are.

loop9497

On the Ice
Country
United-States
So happy for Alissa's win! And I am glad Flatt pulled out second, although it wasn't in the typical strong way she does it. But I trust her more than some of the others to deliver a solid performance.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
The U.S would be crazy to see Flattzzzz to Worlds over Nagasu with both having mistakes. It is obvious which one has the greater potential.

I agree with this. But I'm sure USFS will make it easy on themselves and just send the top 2. There would be too much crap flying around if they skipped over Flatt in favor of Nagasu.

I wouldn't be surprised if Alissa and Rachael both retire/move on after this season. Nagasu, Zawadski, Gao, Lam will continue. The question is: Whither Ashley?

Yay for Alissa! Now, if she can just absorb those serene vibes from Jason and Yuka for Worlds as well....

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
Flatt is obviously a HUGE favorite of U.S judges. With the same performance at Worlds she would be lucky to break 100. International judges dont like her even when she skates well but in the U.S they hold her up even when she doesnt. They are crazy. The USFSA deserves their streak of failure in womens to continue if they are so stupid to look to shaft skaters with actual talent and medal potential for pedestrian damanged goods.

Layfan

Record Breaker
Oh WOW!!!!!!!!!! Alissa did it! She did it everyone!!!!!

I'm crushed for Mirai. I wonder if there were some downgrades there. I thought it would be closer between her and Rachael.

Hikaru

Final Flight
Alissa skated very well. Mirai did well also, a few mistakes which did not wreck the program. None of the programs were flawless. Rachael's program was not great. I would never have placed her ahead of Nagasu. Ashley skated very well also. Frank was right on both counts: Mirai is the greatest skater in the world and she did give it away. It was hers to win. When she is on, she has no equal.

I wouldn't have put Rachel over Mirai either... hopefully Mirai will at least go to 4CC??? or is it over T_T

herro

On the Ice
I absolutely adore what Yuka and Jason have done with Alissa. Such brilliance.

Rachael is just solid as a rock. I admire her consistency.

Mirai still has yet to "wow" me but I know she will soon.

Nadine

Record Breaker
I'll be totally honest here I WANT YUNA KIM TO KICK ALISSA CZISNY'S *** AT WORLDS!!!!!!!!

I don't like Alissa's skating, she herself is an obvious angel, but her skating sucks big time for me. SAFE skater.

God has given you your moment, now please leave, and that's exactly how I feel inside.

:love:GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AGNES & CHRISTINA!!!!!!!!!!!!:love:

Serious Business

Record Breaker
I soooooooooooo prefer Mirai to Rachael. But really? Even before that last splotchy 3sal, she had done enough to win over Mirai. Mirai and Rachael both made small mistakes all over, the problem was Mirai's mistakes cost her spin levels and the UR calls cost her heftily in the points. Her tenseness cost her in the PCs (possibly). Someone posted above that UR calls aren't as costly now, I know that, but they are still enough of a point difference to change rankings. It was very clear that Rachael was silver before the last skate landed.

reynycpr

On the Ice
and I love Alissa's new ending! It's almost like opening her arms to the world above!

Congrats to the ladies and especially to Alissa! Well done!

Now time to get'em at 4CC(? maybe if you go) & Worlds!!