Ladies FS | Page 11 | Golden Skate

Ladies FS

loop9497

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Scott and Sandra were over the moon about Mirai last year. I'm sure it wasn't deliberate that they didn't mention her.

I think it's just a "who delivered this season (Alissa)" vs. who is defending their national title (Rachael). Kind of standard stuff.

As for Agnes, I also agree that she has champion potential. I really hope she gets more consistent with her FS. I love her springy jumps and I think she has a vibrancy about her that is appealing.

emma

Record Breaker
holy cow, I can't believe how much I agree with Hamilton. But seriously, Agnes has future US champion written all over that program. One fall. But her jumps are huge; her spins are fast, centered, with good positions. Her edges are impressive as is her musicality - and here I will say for her age and experience. Then, i will add: her edges are good period. Wow. good for her!

ETA LOL herro - I think we posted at about the same time!

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
WOW! Great effort by Agnes! The theme of this LP works much better for her than the SP I feel. She doubled the 1st Lutz, fell on a 3loop, and stepped out of a 3toe, but I feel the advantage she had from the SP will allow her to pass by Ashley Wagner. She should feel proud of that skate and she has a strong foundation to build from with this performance! :biggrin:

Layfan

Record Breaker
Agnes really is a fantastic skater. I disagree that she lacks artistic spark. Maybe she not the ballerina but she a great dancer and she really performs. And I love that she has good spins in addition to her monster jumps. I enjoyed that even with the mistakes.

Nadine

Record Breaker
OMG, I LOVE THIS KID (yeah at the beginning of the GP I didn't but NOW I DO 210%!!!!!!). I predict right here & now that she will go beyond Tonya Harding athletically, and her PCS will as well. Already she has the makings of a truly great athlete & artist. I've never seen this type of potential before since Tonya Harding, nobody else has come close.

It doesn't matter she only landed 5 triple jumps, the ones she did were HUMONGOUS, on par with the men, better than Yuna Kim, et al.

SHE WILL BE WORLD CHAMPION & NATIONAL CHAMPION ONE DAY SOON!!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love:

MrScroogeMcDuck

On the Ice
I think it's just a "who delivered this season (Alissa)" vs. who is defending their national title (Rachael). Kind of standard stuff.

Considering the fact that they had just aired Thursday night's short, I thought it was hilarious that they weren't even talking about the woman who was currently in first.

Trewyn

Medalist
Agnes ahead of Ashley.. Regardless of whether that's deserved (it probably is) it still makes me sad.. Looks like Ashley's season is over..

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Er, what about the US junior champ, Courtney Hicks?

USFS tends to put age-eligible Sr level skaters to Jr Worlds before US Jrs, particularly if they already have Jr GP experience (Gao, Lam, Siraj not only have experience but have medalled, so they have some chops with intl judges).

loop9497

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Considering the fact that they had just aired Thursday night's short, I thought it was hilarious that they weren't even talking about the woman who was currently in first.

They could have at least thrown in a quick blurb about Mirai, yeah. Let's see how they react to her in the beginning of her FS.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Shades of Midori Ito and Chen Lu - Gao almost runs into the cameraman and very nearly crashes into the boards. She's doing very well though! :)

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Good grief, I saw Christina Gao at JGP Final in Beijing in December, and she looks like she's grown 3 inches taller since then! :eek: She's definitely filled out in the last year and particularly her leg muscles.