Ladies FS | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Ladies FS

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Caroline seems to be doing decently so far. Besides the falls that I missed apparently. Her costume is a lovely color on her, and the style is pretty.

Beautiful Charlotte (I think) spiral.

Last edited:

herro

On the Ice
Caroline Zhang - 10th after SP

Not sure if I like her dress. The skirt looks a bit messy with its frayed edges IMO.

3flip/2toe (nicely done)
3lutz (fall but seemed fully rotated)
3sal (fall)
3loop/2axel (nice)
change of edge spiral (right inside into right outside Charlotte)
1flip (awkwardly popped and spread eagled onto ice at landing)
3loop/2toe/2loop (with 'tano loop)
2axel
layback into bielmann (brilliant)

This was for me the most non-musical program I've seen Caroline skate. The music was just background music for this program...

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
And a 1flip, but we know she can do the 3loop and we know she can spin! Caroline is a hard worker and she doesn't give up - you have to respect that! :)

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Come on, smile, Caroline! Your program had its bright moments! That spiral was beautiful, and that layback spin was lovely! Keep working at it - change takes a bit of time.

Alexei Gilles needs a good jump-landing coach. She also needs a coach to calm her down. Maybe Yuka and Jason could work as they did with cizny. Alexei is also a long legged beauty who should have better strokng. Long legs is an advantage for stroking; long legs can be a hindrance to jumps.

Caroline Zhang - As Lady Bracknell might say: one fall is unfortunate; two falls are carlessness Caroline is Queen of the Spinners but little else, yet I can't help but root for her. She draws me in.

Joelle Forte -A super clean skate for Joelle!!! I hope the scores reflect it. And she had two different types of music to change her rythm and mood. Defintiely a senior skater.

Siraj - A good senior skate for this 13 year old. She is very musical also skates with lots of rhythyms. She will be a knockout in Sochi, and a winner in the following Olys. No one is near her in this comp for varied performance.

Mogan Bell - Mark it down to 'one of those days', all skaaters have them. Hope she can put it past her.

Ashley Wagner - She proves over and over again, she is an LP skater. Great skate to Malaquena. She's probably too far back due to that unfortunate SP to give her a shot at a medal.

Vanessa Lam - For a long legged skater she does not move them gracefully. The stroking is choppy. Her jump landiings need a lot of work, but the spins are fine. A talent in progress.

Agnes Zawadski - She's got those slavic rhythyms going for her. A phenonemal lady jumper and at 16 has a very promising career ahead of her. I think even next year we will see another great Lady in the mix.

Christina Gao - WOW Orser has done a good job with her. A very nice program with difficult tricks and great carriage throughout. She needs to get her stroking better, imo. The talent will develop into a champion, mark me.

Alissa Czisny - The improvements in consistency she has shown in the GPs have carried over to the Nationals. She did beautifly. My only fault with her is that she is too careful a skater but that is what got her the consistency. Maybe next season she will fly through her programs.

Mirai Nagasu - She too, is very careful to prepare for her jumps which loses the flow of the program. The spins were slow but not messy. A good skate, but she can do better.

Rachael Flatt - A routine I didn't like at first because jazzy blues are not easy to skate tricks to. However, it looked good tonight. She did make a few booboos and it will cost her the defending title.

No doubt the committee with nominate Czisny and Flatt to the World Team based on the Nats. Is this the strongest team? - I think so.

Last edited:

cocovica

On the Ice
That would be absolutely amazing... Does anyone know if it works outside the US? I'm currently in Australia.. I've tried it twice but twice my browser crashed...
it works outside the us...am in czech republic, so...but it is weird that it isnt working for u--maybe try some different browser?

gold12345

Medalist
I was impressed by Caroline's final spin... She certainly wasn't spinning nearly that well on the GP.

emma

Record Breaker
Thanks sooooo much herro!!!!!

Caroline!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! well, not great. BUT, I'm thinking she really is on her way back; she just needs more time. She is gutsy to keep going and she is looking to be in good shape. I think this could bode very well for her; buckle down and fix stuff starting now, and next season, I bet we see a very different CZ.

Nadine

Record Breaker
What a FIGHT from Caroline!!!! BRAVO! :love:

She's a pro when it comes to the 3R jump! Opened with a lovely 3F/2T, down on 3L & 3S, but came back with a GORGEOUS 3R/2A, popped a triple, but another fight with a 3R/2T/2R with arm overhead!, followed up by a HUGE 2A!, and ended with that phenomenal Pearl Spin that she invented (should get Level 4 on this spins!)

GREAT JOB, CAROLINE, GREAT JOB! YOU'RE GETTING BETTER & BETTER & BETTER!!!! :rock: :love:

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Alexei Gilles needs a good jump-landing coach. She also needs a coach to calm her down. Maybe Yuka who worked well with cizny. Alexei is also a long legged beauty who should have better strokng. Long legs is an advantage for stroking; long legs can be a hindrance to jumps.

Caroline Zhang - As Lady Bracknell might say: one fall is unfortunate; two falls are carlessness

Joe, was wondering if you knew that her name doesn't have an i on the end. It's just "Alexe". (Though it's pronounced the same pretty much as Alexei)

Layfan

Record Breaker
Caroline looked like she wanted to skate all the way home by the middle.:cry:

Yeah, but everyone's right she actually didn't give up. well, maybe a little on the performance but not the jumps. It's just so strange to see her land some of those jumps so beautifully and then not on others.

After the first combo my hopes rose. Then I think she doubted herself and the old bad habits came back on the lutz.

Last edited:

cocovica

On the Ice
guys, can u explain me somethin, please? how come nbc showa only the skates without the results?! thats insane :D

Trewyn

Medalist
it works outside the us...am in czech republic, so...but it is weird that it isnt working for u--maybe try some different browser?

I've tried two different browsers :s firefox and safari.. I've just updated my flip4mac, maybe that'll help.. My battery's nearly dead anyway, and I'm not sure when I'll get my cable, so anyhow..

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
guys, can u explain me somethin, please? how come nbc showa only the skates without the results?! thats insane :D

They'll probably show the results from the last group. Right now, they're trying to cram fluff in the gaps, it seems.