Ladies FS | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Ladies FS

Marrymeyunakim

On the Ice
Pretty sure Vanessa is skating to Camille Saint Saens. Is this a junior staple? I remember Adelina skating to it.

Edit: And here comes Danse Macabre. :laugh:

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Of course Alissa is getting hype; she's reigning GPF Champ. No other US lady here has won a title of that merit on the senior level!

loop9497

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Okay, I realize hate is a strong word, but I hate Lam's costume. :eek: It doesn't relate to her music choice AT ALL!

I think it's kind of different looking. I kind of like it, although I wish the positioning of the vertical strip in the front was different or something. I like the colors.

herro

On the Ice
Vanessa Lam - 6th after SP (senior nationals debut)

3lutz/2loop/2loop (nice opening)
3flip/2toe
layback into biellmann - I like her turned-out leg position on the layback!
3toe (over-rotated, 3 turns out of it)
3loop (3 turns into 3loop, not sufficiently checked on the landing, wild landing edge)
2axel into 2axel
3lutz (landed)
3flip (fall - ahh!)

Her music is like a collage of famous skating music :)

Overall, a little slow but I see great potential for musical development. I'll have to keep an eye on her!

SP: 57.61
FS: 105.30
Total: 162.91 - Currently 2nd

Last edited:

emma

Record Breaker
I see a very bright future for V. Lam. That was fun. Too bad about the fall on the flip. But she held her own and fought the whole way - with great qualities along the way. I'm impressed.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Nice debut from 15 yr. old Vanessa Lam (same as 14 yr. old Yasmin). :)

Only fell on the last 3F jump, had at least one cheat, but landed at least 6 triple jumps (her running 3-turns into 3R was GOOD; held onto the landing), also really enjoyed her inside-outside double spread eagles into 2A/2A! :rock:

Still growing, will eventually increase her speed, stamina, and strength. But for now, what a debut at Seniors! :thumbsups:

Layfan

Record Breaker
Did you see the coverage earlier today on NBC? Scott and Sandra were discussing tonight's FS. They talked about who might win and brought up Flatt and Czisny. They never even mentioned Mirai! I couldn't believe it.

Scott and Sandra were over the moon about Mirai last year. I'm sure it wasn't deliberate that they didn't mention her.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
The "State Farm Talk To A Neighbor" Moment? Really? I laughed (at the name, not the content - didn't know Agnes's mom worked so hard to raise her)

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Not sure yet who will end up on the US ladies' Worlds team, but I'll be the Jr Worlds team is Gao, Lam, Siraj.

mars007

Rinkside
zawadsky's skating does nothing for me...every season a new over-hyped skater who just doesn't have that artistic spark...

Puchi

On the Ice
Lam has some nice qualities, but Yasmin is definitely my favorite up-and-coming youngster.

Marrymeyunakim

On the Ice
Agnes: 2a-3T, 3F, sit spin, 2Lz, layback into Biellman, 3Lz-2T (HUGE and beautiful), catch-foot spiral, 3Lo (fall), 3Sal (nice recovery), 3T (fights to save it), step sequence (fast and varied), final combination spin.

At only 16, she'll be a huge threat in the future. :) Beautiful skate, not perfect, but she did her best. Bravo!

herro

On the Ice
Agnes Zawadzki - 4th after SP (senior nationals debut)

Love that dress on her. It suits her well.

2axel/3toe (nicely done!)
3flip (great lift!)
flying sit spin (nice speed)
cute, playful section of music here :)
2lutz
layback (wish she would turn out her free leg a little more) into bielmann
3lutz/2toe (absolutely gorgeous - Scott went a little crazy with his enthusiasm here haha!)
3loop (fall... so sad)
3sal (nice comeback)
3toe/2toe/2loop (two-foot and three turns out of the first 3toe)
best footwork so far (IMO)
Beautiful split spin at the end

Good free skate from Agnes compared to what she had been doing in the season so far. I agree with Scott completely - she has the potential to be the future of US skating - future champion! :)

SP: 61.54
FS: 112.30
Total: 173.84 - NICE

Last edited: