Page 14 of 44 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies FS

Currently frozen as a popsicle Chemistry66's Avatar
    Holy cow, her jumps are huge.

Rinkside
    zawadsky's skating does nothing for me...every season a new over-hyped skater who just doesn't have that artistic spark...

Custom Title
    Lam has some nice qualities, but Yasmin is definitely my favorite up-and-coming youngster.

Custom Title
    Agnes: 2a-3T, 3F, sit spin, 2Lz, layback into Biellman, 3Lz-2T (HUGE and beautiful), catch-foot spiral, 3Lo (fall), 3Sal (nice recovery), 3T (fights to save it), step sequence (fast and varied), final combination spin.

At only 16, she'll be a huge threat in the future. Beautiful skate, not perfect, but she did her best. Bravo!

Custom Title
    Agnes Zawadzki - 4th after SP (senior nationals debut)

Love that dress on her. It suits her well.

2axel/3toe (nicely done!)
    3flip (great lift!)
    flying sit spin (nice speed)
    cute, playful section of music here
    2lutz
    layback (wish she would turn out her free leg a little more) into bielmann
    3lutz/2toe (absolutely gorgeous - Scott went a little crazy with his enthusiasm here haha!)
    3loop (fall... so sad)
    3sal (nice comeback)
    3toe/2toe/2loop (two-foot and three turns out of the first 3toe)
    best footwork so far (IMO)
    Beautiful split spin at the end

Good free skate from Agnes compared to what she had been doing in the season so far. I agree with Scott completely - she has the potential to be the future of US skating - future champion!

SP: 61.54
    FS: 112.30
    Total: 173.84 - NICE
    Last edited by herro; 01-29-2011 at 10:20 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Layfan View Post
    Scott and Sandra were over the moon about Mirai last year. I'm sure it wasn't deliberate that they didn't mention her.
    I think it's just a "who delivered this season (Alissa)" vs. who is defending their national title (Rachael). Kind of standard stuff.

As for Agnes, I also agree that she has champion potential. I really hope she gets more consistent with her FS. I love her springy jumps and I think she has a vibrancy about her that is appealing.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsisjiejie View Post
    Not sure yet who will end up on the US ladies' Worlds team, but I'll be the Jr Worlds team is Gao, Lam, Siraj.
    Er, what about the US junior champ, Courtney Hicks?

Custom Title
    holy cow, I can't believe how much I agree with Hamilton. But seriously, Agnes has future US champion written all over that program. One fall. But her jumps are huge; her spins are fast, centered, with good positions. Her edges are impressive as is her musicality - and here I will say for her age and experience. Then, i will add: her edges are good period. Wow. good for her!

ETA LOL herro - I think we posted at about the same time!

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    WOW! Great effort by Agnes! The theme of this LP works much better for her than the SP I feel. She doubled the 1st Lutz, fell on a 3loop, and stepped out of a 3toe, but I feel the advantage she had from the SP will allow her to pass by Ashley Wagner. She should feel proud of that skate and she has a strong foundation to build from with this performance!

Custom Title
    Agnes looks like a young Rochette.

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Agnes really is a fantastic skater. I disagree that she lacks artistic spark. Maybe she not the ballerina but she a great dancer and she really performs. And I love that she has good spins in addition to her monster jumps. I enjoyed that even with the mistakes.

Custom Title
    OMG, I LOVE THIS KID (yeah at the beginning of the GP I didn't but NOW I DO 210%!!!!!!). I predict right here & now that she will go beyond Tonya Harding athletically, and her PCS will as well. Already she has the makings of a truly great athlete & artist. I've never seen this type of potential before since Tonya Harding, nobody else has come close.

It doesn't matter she only landed 5 triple jumps, the ones she did were HUMONGOUS, on par with the men, better than Yuna Kim, et al.

SHE WILL BE WORLD CHAMPION & NATIONAL CHAMPION ONE DAY SOON!!!!!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by loop9497 View Post
    I think it's just a "who delivered this season (Alissa)" vs. who is defending their national title (Rachael). Kind of standard stuff.
    Considering the fact that they had just aired Thursday night's short, I thought it was hilarious that they weren't even talking about the woman who was currently in first.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Puchi View Post
    Agnes looks like a young Rochette.
    I never thought about it, but her skating does kind of remind me of Joanie! Joanie is also so strong with the jumps.

Quote Originally Posted by Layfan View Post
    I know what Tracy Wilson said was true but she was really irritating the way she said it.
    I know!!! it's like she, Sandra and Scott want to jinx her... it makes me angry.

Page 14 of 44 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast