Page 25 of 44 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies FS

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SerpentineSteps View Post
    Protocols are up. Looks like Mirai's flying sit spin didn't count.
    I see that too. Why would that be? Not enough to change the outcome by itself.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsisjiejie View Post
    If Alissa skates like she did here and at GP Final, and Rachael skates her utmost and pretty clean, then yes I think they can win the USA 3 ladies berths for next year. Not much room for mistakes though.
    agreed. they're gonna have to work their ***** off but i have faith.
    Last edited by Tonichelle; 01-30-2011 at 03:25 PM. Reason: nice try, don't bypass the censor, thanks.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by A.H.Black View Post
    I see that too. Why would that be? Not enough to change the outcome by itself.
    She had two feet on the ice for a while.

Custom Title
    You'd have to go all the way to ninth in the LP to find a lady who didn't UR a jump.

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    It's been so shocking to see Mirai mess up her spins this year of all things. It's disappointing. This wasn't her year. I just hope she has enough fight and love for the sport for next year. And let's hope that injuries don't get in the way of her improving what she needs to improve.

Alissa, though.... wow. I just had this little feeling that she would regain her title. It fought with my fear of her messing up but I really did have this feeling. I adore her program. Her short program too. I can't say enough how happy I am for her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Custom Title
    I think I'm more excited about Zawadski and Gao than I have been any US lady in a while (though I've always enjoyed Rachael), in terms of being both solid performers yet also very exciting. Lamm needs a little more expression but she was so steady.

Happy for Alissa but I did find her a little meh, just to be honest. Not the blowout I was expecting in terms of her performance -- of course her score was quite commanding! But she fought for it and didn't melt down though she looked pretty nervous as she took the ice. Good for her for staying in and coming back to win the title again!
    Last edited by rallycairn; 01-29-2011 at 11:27 PM.

Banned
    Alissa will need to win the bronze at Worlds for the U.S to earn back 3 spots since the best Flatt can finish is about 10th. The U.S has handicapped itself with their ridiculous scoring and World team selections here, but still have an outside shot of 3 spots. Czisny can place that high but it would require her best skates and the competition to be not so great. Flatt can place as high as 9th or 10th but only skating alot better than she did here. With Agnes and Gao coming up hopefully they can have 3 spots. It would be great to see both of those ladies on the World team next year.

Custom Title
    I found it extremely difficult to appreciate Alyssa's performance because I was too busy hoping that she'd land all her jumps. I'm glad she did because she is a very deserving champion.

As I said, it's unfortunately for Mirai but at 16/17 you just don't quit after having won the bronze medal at your home championships. She's got a gold, silver and bronze now. Not too shabby. I too found Frank's comment rather mean-spirited and when your young charge has thrown down all she could in the given circumstances, saying, "You threw it away, I'm sorry" in a mean way was unnecessary. I hope she develops a true lutz and salchow and keeps working. When all things are in place, we might be looking at the Sochi gold medallist. It'll take a lot of work, however.

Custom Title
    I'm not trying to trash Rachael, but her program just doesn't suit her. She's not sexy nor cute, and it's hard to look at the hard effort trying to be sexy or cute. I'm not sure what would be her style, classy and elegant don't seem the right ones either, maybe sweet and nextdoor girl type program, or try something powful or joyful?

I loved Alissa's program! She was absolutely amazing! I am so proud of her! Well-deserved 2x US National Champion! This time there are no questions! She really gave an exquisite performance!

2x US Champion and Grand Prix Final Champion

I do hope she does well in the 4 continents and worlds!

Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    Alissa will need to win the bronze at Worlds for the U.S to earn back 3 spots since the best Flatt can finish is about 10th. She can do it but it would require her best skates and the competition to be not so great. With Agnes and Gao coming up hopefully they can have 3 spots. It would be great to see both of those ladies on the World team next year.
    What are you talking about? Rachael has finished higher than 10th at both her worlds appearances.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by hongligl View Post
    I'm not trying to trash Rachael, but her program just doesn't suit her. She's not sexy nor cute, and it's hard to look at the hard effort trying to be sexy or cute. I'm not sure what would be her style, classy and elegant don't seem the right ones either, maybe sweet and nextdoor girl type program, or try something powful or joyful?
    Thank you for expressing your view in a nice way, hongligl. It is difficult for some to be as gracious. I too find her LP to be a bit cumbersome because it doesn't play to Rachael's strengths. I don't think she's as dramatic as she is joyful. Her East of Eden is my favourite program this year, just edging Alyssa's FP for me. I admire Rachael because she is not as gifted as others, but that doesn't necessarily mean she isn't successful.

Custom Title
    Ando, Asada, Murakami, Kim, Czisny, Korpi, Kostner..... Not really sure who the other two "guaranteed" to beat Flatt.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Layfan View Post
    What are you talking about? Rachael has finished higher than 10th at both her worlds appearances.
    Yeah but she is on the way down now. She isnt doing triple-triples anymore which is what allowed her to place in the 5-9 range, and her long program this year is godawful bad. Without those she drops several places in potential which puts her 8-10 area if she skates well.

Look at how well she skated in Vancouver (for her) and only came 7th. It is highly unlikely she will reach that level again. If she skates 90-95% as well as Vancouver she could come 9th or 10th, but if she skates like she did here she will be well out of the top 10.

Quote Originally Posted by christinaskater View Post
    I loved Alissa's program! She was absolutely amazing! I am so proud of her! Well-deserved 2x US National Champion! This time there are no questions! She really gave an exquisite performance!

2x US Champion and Grand Prix Final Champion

I do hope she does well in the 4 continents and worlds!
    That's true. That's the sweetest thing. This time there can be no question that Alissa outskated the rest.

Too bad some posters can't appreciate the beauty of her skating and are being extremely viscious about it. But it's too bad for them.

Page 25 of 44 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast