Ladies FS | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Ladies FS

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I really can't get it to work :s Firefox keeps crashing (not responding each time I try to open the stream). When is Ashley up?

Wagner is the last skater in the penultimate group. Next is Morgan Bell, then Ashley, then the final group.

lavender

Record Breaker
I like Yasmin and the fact that she pays attention to the details of the music at 14. I hope she continues to improve.

christinaskater

Medalist
Joelle was so amazing! I thought i was looking at Michelle when she went on the ice!

Amazing performance from her! Is she Filipina? She looks Filipina rather than from Azerbaijan! Elaine Zayak coached her! Amazing!

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
102.56 for Yasmin, for a total of 152.47 and a great debut for Yasmin.

Morgan Bell, complete newbie, now.

She's quite pretty. Good first jump (right as the announcer commented on a not so good practice.) Then a fall.

lavender

Record Breaker
Like Morgan's music (the beginning)...well I like most of cirque's music. Not a good day though.

Last edited:

Tigger

Final Flight
Yasmin Siraj (14) - 8th after the SP

Wow, I did not know that she's had a solo piano performance at Carnegie Hall!
1flip
3lutz/2toe (two-foot on lutz)
2axel/3toe (fine 2axel, but fall on 3toe)
3sal (nice comeback)
3lutz (nicely done)
good footwork (goes well with the music, some nice, crisp movements)
3toe (good)
2axel/2toe/2loop
lost a bit of timing at the end with the final pose

For only 14 years of age, she has a great understanding of musicality. She emotes really well on the ice and has lovely movements. Again, another youngster with plenty of talent. She just needs more experience.

SP: 49.91
FS: 102.56
Total: 152.47

Current leader.

That impressed me too. Quite the accomplished young lady at only 14. Still a bit of a Juniorish presentation, but you can see the potential there. My one big quibble w/her though were the split jumps. I know she's young, but I wish she'd get more stretch and extension on them. If not, then don't do them.

One of my pet peeves as when I see gorgeous line on a split jump, that's worth more to me than any triple lutz combo.

Anyway...I'll have to remember this young lady for the future and I hope she doesn't have too bad of a visit from the growth spurt monster.

herro

On the Ice
Morgan Bell - 9th after SP (national debut)

Very interesting music, with eerie/light choral tones at the beginning.

2axel (wow, deep knees on takeoff and landing - nice to see!)
3toe (hard fall)
2lutz
3sal (fall)
layback into bielmann
BEAUTIFUL spread eagle
2axel/1toe (swinging landing on axel, pitching forward)
catch-foot spiral into ina bauer into spiral (goes well with the music)
footwork (to percussive, rhythmic beats) - music is nice but her footwork seems slow and tired
spread eagle into 1sal
3toe (nice)

I love her spread eagles - she keeps her body perfectly straight in line which is hard to do! Presentation needs quite a bit of work though.

Awww she seems so disappointed at the final pose... Great debut, Morgan!

SP: 49.73
LP: 69.84
Total: 119.57 - Currently 10th

Last edited:

emma

Record Breaker
Layfan, I agree with you - Yasmin is great! Such musicality! Lot's of technical goods. I particularly love the use of her neck, shoulders, arms down to fingers. Wow. Can't wait to see how she develops over time. For now, I totally enjoyed her short and long, and really hope she did too!

Nadine

Record Breaker
Painful to watch, feel so sorry for Morgan after she had a terrific tango in the SP! :)

I think she only landed one clean triple (3T at end), but she has absolutely BREATHTAKING Ina Bauers & Spread Eagles to match Rachael Flatt's (could be twins when it comes to these moves).

Better luck next time, Morgan, this is just a learning experience. :love:

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh, please skate well, Ashley! You are capable of such great skating and I hope you can show that! :love: