Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What happened to...?

Rinkside

What happened to...?

Carolyn Ann Alba, Bebe Liang, and Laney Diggs?

Custom Title
    Laney Diggs has an injury, and Bebe retired after the last Olympic qualifier. I think she's going to college now or something.

Custom Title
    Do you know whatever happened to Dee Dee Leng and Angela Maxwell?

Custom Title
    And where is Stephen Carriere?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsisjiejie View Post
    And where is Stephen Carriere?
    Looking for a pair's partner, apparently.

Custom Title
    Is Kimmie Meisner still thinking about comeback?
    Last edited by CARA; 01-31-2011 at 03:40 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8indel View Post
    I heard from FSU that Angela Maxwell was becoming unhappy with figure skating training and rebelling a lot. She's stopped skating, mostly.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8indel View Post
    Dee Dee is no longer skating. Lost her desire to compete......I think her coach and approach had a lot to do with it.

Angela Maxwell seemed to loose her way on the way to New Jersey. She is unreachable now and I don't mean by cell phone.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    This is interesting. 5'7" looking for a pairs partner when you are 140 lbs soaking wet.....I think he needs to hit the gym.....and hopefully he won't loose his jumps when he Hulks up.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by mars007 View Post
    Carolyn Ann Alba, Bebe Liang, and Laney Diggs?
    Carolyn Ann Alba is still skating junior singles in So. Ca. She moved from Colorado after her pairs partnership perished with Chris Kinerim. Carolyn is a beautiful girl but just a tad big for pairs.

Sexy, smart and sterilized! childfreegirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brightphoton View Post
    I heard from FSU that Angela Maxwell was becoming unhappy with figure skating training and rebelling a lot. She's stopped skating, mostly.
    That's really a shame, b/c I thought she was really good. I met her at Mids in 06 and she seemed really sweet.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    Seriously?! But who outside of novice/junior ladies can Stephen Carriere lift and throw properly? Even Rockne Brubaker is considered small for a male pairs skater and Carriere is quite a bit shorter than Brubaker.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by evangeline View Post
    Seriously?! But who outside of novice/junior ladies can Stephen Carriere lift and throw properly? Even Rockne Brubaker is considered small for a male pairs skater and Carriere is quite a bit shorter than Brubaker.
    Well, Rudy Galindo is around the same size as Carriere and was able to make it work with Kristi Yamaguchi, so it is possible. There were a lot of limitations to their pairs skating because of their size, but they did climb to 5th in the World which is still better than many of the U.S. pairs champs that have followed them. (Yes, I do realize that most skaters aren't Yamaguchi and Galindo, but I'm just saying it's at least possible in theory).

Going back further, I don't think Ken Shelley or Randy Gardner were big guys, and JoJo Starbuck and Tai Babilonia would be considered Amazons these days. Times were different then, though...

Rinkside
    Ok I have a few what ever happened questions.

First.... What the heck is Drew Meekins doing? He has been on Icepartner search for a long time. It's says since 10/10 but he updated it. It's more like two years! So he does this Sarah and Drew on line article blog thing about skaters. He was a fairly decent pairs guy. He couldn't jump to save his life but he has skills? So ever since he left Julia Vlassov he has been going down hill. I wonder that's up with that?

What happened to Elliot Halverson? You talk about an excellent skater that fell off the edge of the earth it's Elliot. He had all his tripples in Novice and Junior. He was a great skater. All of a sudden no Elliott.
    Last edited by dupagegal; 02-01-2011 at 09:44 AM. Reason: spelling

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by evangeline View Post
    I think he could be a good partner for Kiri Baga if she had any interest in doing pairs, she's only 5 ft I think. I think she could go a lot farther in pairs than singles, too.

He could probably lift Yasmin Siraj, she's soo tiny! But she's doing really well in singles so it might be smarter for her to stay put.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast