US Figure Skating Names part of the 4CC's team... on twitter

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
tp://twitter.com/USFigureSkating

Ladies: Alissa Czisny, Rachael Flatt, Mirai Nagasu
Alternates: Agnes Zawadzki, Ashley Wagner, Christina Gao

Dance: Meryl Davis & Charlie White, Maia and Alex Shibutani, Madison Chock and Greg Zuerlein
Alternates: Madison Hubbell and Kiefer Hubbell, Lynn Krienkrairut & Logan Giuletti-Schmitt and Isabelle Cannuscio & Ian Lorello

Pairs: Caitlin Yankowskas & John Coughlin, Amanda Evora & Mark Ladwig, Caydee Denney & Jeremy Barrett
Alternates: Tiffany Vise & Don Baldwin, Mary Beth Marley & Rockne Brubaker, Marisa Castelli & Simon Shnapir

sorcerer

Final Flight
Does this mean that Alissa and/or Rachael already accepted the nomination?
Or is this what USFSA offered to the skaters to think about?

nadster

Final Flight
The men for 4CC's have been added.

Abbott,Mahbanoozadeh and Rippon go to 4CC.

Alternate 1 - Mroz
Alternate 2 - Razzano
Alternate 3 - Cassar

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
What it means is that if a skater is not named as either going or an alternate, they are not going at all. The skaters named as going can refuse. I'm wondering whether Bradley refused 4CC's? generally the winner is always given a first refusal. This time, it looks like he wasn't asked.

What it means is that if a skater is not named as either going or an alternate, they are not going at all. The skaters named as going can refuse. I'm wondering whether Bradley refused 4CC's? generally the winner is always given a first refusal. This time, it looks like he wasn't asked.
someone has already posted that Bradley and Miner were asked and refused. No mention of Dornbush. I presume he refused also.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
someone has already posted that Bradley and Miner were asked and refused. No mention of Dornbush. I presume he refused also.

I must have missed that article. Do you have a link?

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
If in theory Abbott, Rippon and Mahbanoozadeh placed 1st, 2nd and 3rd with with enormous scores (I know, not too likely), would they still have a shot to compete at Worlds? I'm thinking no, but still it raises a dilemma...

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
No dilemma. They knew the rules going in. Skate at US Nationals and win, and you will go to Worlds. That kind of rule can be nervewracking, but it gives skaters some assurance that they won't be defeated by politics if they bring it on the day, and their competitors crash and burn.

Sylvia

Record Breaker
USFS' official entries for 4CC as published in their press release on their site [2011 Nationals placements added by me]:

LADIES:
Alissa Czisny [1]
Rachael Flatt [2]
Mirai Nagasu [3]
Alternate 1 - Ashley Wagner [6]
Alternate 2 - Agnes Zawadzki [4]
Alternate 3 - Christina Gao [5]

PAIRS:
Denney/Barrett [3]
Evora/Ladwig [2]
Yankowskas/Coughlin [1]
Alternate 1 - Marley/Brubaker [4]