Thread: Gala?

Hybrid View

Gala?

When is the gala and can someone please post a PBP of what everyone skated to

The gala will be shown on NBC this afternoon (2/5/11), 2;30 PM to 4:30 PM EST. As always, check your local listings.
    Last edited by iluvtodd; 02-05-2011 at 06:36 AM.

^^Thanks for the heads up.

It is on NBC RIGHT NOW Rachel Flatt is skating, awful pink dress

Custom Title
    One thing that strikes me about Rachael is that she is really very pretty. I think she's thought of as not very glamorous, but she has such an expressive face, and her smile just sparkles. Whenever they do a closeup, I'm strongly aware of it. I've said before that she reminds me of Jayne Torvill, and I was conscious of that with this program. Interesting rendition of a song I like a lot, Elton John's "Your Song." As usual, her spreadeagle is splendid, and her Ina Bauer is very good. One thing I think she could improve is arm positions.

Edit: And here's Mirai. Glory be, does she have a mindboggling Ina Bauer! Practically in Shizuka territory. Watching her exhibition performance brings home the fact that we're leaving just about our best skater home when we go to Worlds. Of course I am proud of the other two, but it's a crying shame that Mirai won't be representing us in Japan.
    Last edited by Olympia; 02-05-2011 at 03:11 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    Edit: And here's Mirai. Glory be, does she have a mindboggling Ina Bauer! Practically in Shizuka territory. Watching her exhibition performance brings home the fact that we're leaving just about our best skater home when we go to Worlds. Of course I am proud of the other two, but it's a crying shame that Mirai won't be representing us in Japan.
    I so agree with you. Mirai's skating is wondrous and graceful, lithe and vigorous, florid yet firm. In my mind, there's no doubt that she would electrify the audience at Worlds.

Like subtlety in ice dancing Serious Business's Avatar
    Jeremy's exhibition was cuter than a barrel full of puppies vomiting up hairballs that turn out to be kittens (the kittens are alive and well and licking themselves).