Page 12 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Senior Men's LP (starts at 4pm EST)

Custom Title
    The American guys are really doing great. Terrific clean performance from Ross Miner!

Gosh, I'm sooo nervous for Jeremy and Ryan!

Custom Title
    WOW - Ross Miner really pulled me right into that program = loved the music, the costume, the choreography and the SKATING - wow!

so far I really like Richard Dornbush. He is already 19yo but his basics are very good.

Like subtlety in ice dancing Serious Business's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruin714 View Post
    The top 3 US Mens is definitely not as strong as the top 3 Japanese men.

But I think they're referring to how "deep" the field is. When you compare the top 12 US Men vs. the top 12 Japanese men, Scott and Sandra thinks the US is deeper. Maybe after this competition someone who has also watched the top 12 men at Japanese Nationals and comment on this???
    I did watch it, and Scott and Sandra are right. No, really. Yes, Scott is a blithering idiot and Sandra is a shrill harpy, but they right. The US up and coming men have so many contenders held down only by their newness to the judges and jump layouts that aren't optimized for senior competitions. Consider that US men won A THIRD of all the medals on the junior grand prix circuit for men. And if you're watching this broadcast you've seen how many of those guys laid down strong, fast, consistent skates full of tough jumps.

For the Japanese Nationals, the only up and comer that stood out to me was Yuzuru Hanyu (he is a huge and unique talent and I recommend everybody go watch his current SP post haste). And even Hanyu splatted all over in his FS.

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Miner - another wonderful up and comer. This is amazing. This is better than most international competitions.

Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    he doubled several things. it's why he was beaten by Orser in the Fs and Hamilton was held up 2nd mark plus his huge figures lead.
    hmmm I don't recall it being that different of a layout than what he did earlier in the season. and yes he was "held up" by his figures and short program. Orser wasn't teh best figures skater, which is too bad. I can't say that it's unfair, his ice was the same as everyone elses. He got his world gold and two olympic silvers and a heck of a career. Without Scott's gold I don't think we'd have seen skating build up the way it did in the 80s or 90s in the US. Was it the best olympic skate? no, but he's hardly the devil himself because of that or anything he's said as a commentator.

Custom Title
    Ross was pretty awesome as the other many, many skaters before him. What a nice competition.

Custom Title
    They show the dark, dark, and handsome drink of water Evan Lysacek in the audience, I agree Scott HE is a great champion.

Come back, Evan, come back except this time with that quad that I KNOW you can do!

The Future Mrs. Evan Lysacek #1Kerryfan's Avatar
    Awesome night so far!
    Great to see Evan in audience!

Custom Title
    Oh God help me make it through the next five minutes....

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Jeremy looks nervous.

Quote Originally Posted by lavender View Post
    I got to watch this Olympic skate by Scott. To bad for Orser. It doesn't seem like he rightfully won the OG. It's familiar story.
    according to even Scott, it probably wasn't. It was a reputation thing, but "back then" that's how the Olympics worked...

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Abbott!!! I love this program, love love love. But i want Bradley to win!

Custom Title
    Man I wish we could send more than 3 skaters. I've never thought about that until seeing all these wonderful skaters from juniors.

hmmmmmm all I have is a green screen for the nbc feed... oh well, it's not like it's legal anyway lol

Page 12 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast