Senior Men's LP (starts at 4pm EST) | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Senior Men's LP (starts at 4pm EST)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
hearing Scott commentate (my all time hero) during Keegan's skate I got a little choked up. I've been watching Keegan skate since 2004 and knowing that kid was something special. He doesn't have the easiest time of it just becuase opportunities in Alaska are non existant. He has a great support system in his hometown of Girdwood, AK, but that's about it. Money is tight for all the sakters, but considering how much more expensive travel is for Alaskans it's exponentially more difficult. I commend Keegan for staying at home to train.

Bruin714

On the Ice
The top 3 US Mens is definitely not as strong as the top 3 Japanese men.

But I think they're referring to how "deep" the field is. When you compare the top 12 US Men vs. the top 12 Japanese men, Scott and Sandra thinks the US is deeper. Maybe after this competition someone who has also watched the top 12 men at Japanese Nationals and comment on this???

Nadine

Record Breaker
Not watching Razzano but did see he fell on a jump. :( Too bad, but he had the skate of his life the other day, now he can retire on a good note, if he wants to that is! :)

emma

Record Breaker
Razzano's jumps are really amazing; too bad about sitting down on the second axel; and yes, I'm seeing shades of Abt too.

So, was there debate about his SP scores? I was shocked by his PCSs. Anyway, how old did they say he is?

seniorita

Record Breaker
Top 6 at Japanese Nationals could have gone at Worlds. I dont know the top 12.
I love keegan, and he changed a lot since Junior Worlds!

Nadine

Record Breaker
p.s. btw my sis says she didn't mean to be cruel, but she really thought he was a midget like those from the reality series "Little People, Big World" that she loves so much to watch. :)

After ROTFLMAO I told her, no, he's just small. And he jumps BIG!!!!! Like Scott Hamilton, but with the JUMPS, and now she understands b/c everybody knows Scott, even my sis. :D

gmyers

Record Breaker
Razzano seems so much like Abt with his looks! Really Abt-ish! He must be a model for Razzano!

He is beautiful to watch and he has everything. I hope he keeps improving. (Razzano.) Very easy on the eyes, too. : )

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
After ROTFLMAO I told her, no, he's just small. And he jumps BIG!!!!! Like Scott Hamilton, but with the JUMPS, and now she understands b/c everybody knows Scott, even my sis. :D

Scott had all that was required and more as far as his jumps were concerned. One pop in the olympics does not negate that he was technically one of the best.

Nadine

Record Breaker
I disagree, Tonichelle, I respect your opinion but I disagree. His Olympic FS was the worst by any Olympic Gold Medalist imho. He popped & stumbled all over the place. To me he was the Trixie Schuba of Mens Skating; phenomenal when it came to the figure, but that's it.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I disagree, Tonichelle, I respect your opinion but I disagree. His Olympic FS was the worst by any Olympic Gold Medalist imho. He popped & stumbled all over the place. To me he was the Trixie Schuba of Mens Skating; phenomenal when it came to the figure, but that's it.

he popped one jump, and that was the only mistake in a three part event.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm really impressed with the level of skating today by most of the skaters! Well done, guys!! :love: