Senior Men's LP (starts at 4pm EST) | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Senior Men's LP (starts at 4pm EST)

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Yes, my fave of the US men pulls it out. Adam didn't let the wonky landing of the first 3axel get to him, and held it together to skate the rest of the program beautifully. Not just beautifully, he ratcheted up the intensity as he skated along. I hope he takes from this performance that he does have the strength and determination to leave flaws and mistakes behind him without looking back.

Layfan

Record Breaker
Well, Adam had a BIG step-out of his 3Axel and a step in between the combo, he didn't do a 3-jump combo (don't know why?) and his footwork towards the end seemed to be throw away with the choreo as if his soul was not really into it. He's going to need many errors from those ahead of him to be on the World team I feel. :(

That's true the step out won't help but it thought he was completely into it at the end, myself.

emma

Record Breaker
Well, Adam had a BIG step-out of his 3Axel (likely UR) and a step in between the combo, he didn't do a 3-jump combo (don't know why?) and his footwork towards the end seemed to be throw away with the choreo as if his soul was not really into it. He's going to need many errors from those ahead of him to be on the World team I feel. :(

I don't know why he didn't do the three jump tano thing; the camera was so close to him I could barely see the second jum and oculdn't see his feet at all.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Nope. Adam just finished live on NBC, and there's still Richard Dornbush and Armin Mabanoozadeh (did that without looking - wonder if I got it right) before Keegan.

thanks! with all of this travelling I haven't been able to keep up with what's going on! Hopefully I will get to see Keegan skate before it all goes crazy again.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Being 12 points behind Jeremy and 14 points behind Ryan, Adam needed a really great performance, not simply a good one, to possibly make the World team. His PCS also suffered from not being in the final group. Brandon is not one to meltdown either, so this could be extremely difficult for Adam to make it to Tokyo.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Yes, for me too, i was wondering if they are blocking scores as they are delayed in showing some of these LPs

I just think it's probably a tech issue. All I do is reclick the "Free Skate - Live Unofficial" link and it goes back to working.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Dornbrush is on the ice, I'm not watching, bored. Is this really live? If not, can someone just tell me the scores to see who won? Who will be going to Worlds?

Hopefully Ryan makes it, but after re-watching his last year's FS I don't know how he can top that. Feel bad for him, now I wish Johnny Weir had never gone to the Olympics or placed 3rd. But good for Ryan for even coming back. He doesn't have the speed or the intricacy to challenge the men at Worlds, but here in America he should do fine. Go Ryan!

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Richard Dornbush's hunched shoulders bug the crap out of me, unfortunately that's not penalized anywhere under the current system. And what is counted he did exceptionally well, should go into first place easily.

jaylee

Medalist
Adam had a great performance, but I also don't know if it was enough to make it to Worlds.

Richard's jumps were amazing! I thought he gave a great performance.

emma

Record Breaker
Being 12 points behind Jeremy and 14 points behind Ryan, Adam needed a really great performance, not simply a good one, to possibly make the World team. His PCS also suffered from not being in the final group. Brandon is not one to meltdown either, so this could be extremely difficult for Adam to make it to Tokyo.

I know; I was thinking the same thing. I am so pleased for him that he kept it together after that first axel; and yes, the second one was beyond amazing. If he doesn't make worlds, I hope he can buckle down and get ready for next year and really shine, he is spectacular when he is one.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker

Layfan

Record Breaker
Wow. Wow. Wow!!!!! Yey Richard! What a showstopper!!!!

That was the Richard I was hoping to see in the SP.

In general, this LP competition is really shaping up to be better than the SP. So far. Richard should go ahead of Adam easily. Where was was coming into the LP anyway?