Senior Men's LP (starts at 4pm EST) | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Senior Men's LP (starts at 4pm EST)

gmyers

Record Breaker
he doubled several things. it's why he was beaten by Orser in the Fs and Hamilton was held up 2nd mark plus his huge figures lead.

lavender

Record Breaker
I got to watch this Olympic skate by Scott. To bad for Orser. It doesn't seem like he rightfully won the OG. It's familiar story.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Blonde on the ice with white shirt, Ross Miner says Scott, must've did FAB b/c huge SO from the audience and the commentators seem pleased as well. :)

emma

Record Breaker
I'm really impressed with the level of skating today by most of the skaters! Well done, guys!! :love:

Me too, they are all trying really hard to bring it! Miner just did great, fantastic!!! ok......drum roll: top three. Go all three of you!

jan

On the Ice
I disagree, Tonichelle, I respect your opinion but I disagree. His Olympic FS was the worst by any Olympic Gold Medalist imho. He popped & stumbled all over the place. To me he was the Trixie Schuba of Mens Skating; phenomenal when it came to the figure, but that's it.

Totally agree..should have been Brian Orser for the gold medal!!!!

jaylee

Medalist
The American guys are really doing great. Terrific clean performance from Ross Miner!

Gosh, I'm sooo nervous for Jeremy and Ryan!

ivy

On the Ice
WOW - Ross Miner really pulled me right into that program = loved the music, the costume, the choreography and the SKATING - wow!

ks777

Record Breaker
so far I really like Richard Dornbush. He is already 19yo but his basics are very good.

Serious Business

Record Breaker
The top 3 US Mens is definitely not as strong as the top 3 Japanese men.

But I think they're referring to how "deep" the field is. When you compare the top 12 US Men vs. the top 12 Japanese men, Scott and Sandra thinks the US is deeper. Maybe after this competition someone who has also watched the top 12 men at Japanese Nationals and comment on this???

I did watch it, and Scott and Sandra are right. No, really. Yes, Scott is a blithering idiot and Sandra is a shrill harpy, but they right. The US up and coming men have so many contenders held down only by their newness to the judges and jump layouts that aren't optimized for senior competitions. Consider that US men won A THIRD of all the medals on the junior grand prix circuit for men. And if you're watching this broadcast you've seen how many of those guys laid down strong, fast, consistent skates full of tough jumps.

For the Japanese Nationals, the only up and comer that stood out to me was Yuzuru Hanyu (he is a huge and unique talent and I recommend everybody go watch his current SP post haste). And even Hanyu splatted all over in his FS.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
he doubled several things. it's why he was beaten by Orser in the Fs and Hamilton was held up 2nd mark plus his huge figures lead.

hmmm I don't recall it being that different of a layout than what he did earlier in the season. and yes he was "held up" by his figures and short program. Orser wasn't teh best figures skater, which is too bad. I can't say that it's unfair, his ice was the same as everyone elses. He got his world gold and two olympic silvers and a heck of a career. Without Scott's gold I don't think we'd have seen skating build up the way it did in the 80s or 90s in the US. Was it the best olympic skate? no, but he's hardly the devil himself because of that or anything he's said as a commentator.

lavender

Record Breaker
Ross was pretty awesome as the other many, many skaters before him. What a nice competition.

Nadine

Record Breaker
They show the dark, dark, and handsome drink of water Evan Lysacek in the audience, I agree Scott HE is a great champion. :)

Come back, Evan, come back except this time with that quad that I KNOW you can do!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I got to watch this Olympic skate by Scott. To bad for Orser. It doesn't seem like he rightfully won the OG. It's familiar story.

according to even Scott, it probably wasn't. It was a reputation thing, but "back then" that's how the Olympics worked...

lavender

Record Breaker
Man I wish we could send more than 3 skaters. I've never thought about that until seeing all these wonderful skaters from juniors.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
hmmmmmm all I have is a green screen for the nbc feed... oh well, it's not like it's legal anyway lol