Senior Men's LP (starts at 4pm EST) | Page 17 | Golden Skate

Senior Men's LP (starts at 4pm EST)

lavender

Record Breaker
Ryan had the worst skating skills by far of all of the men tonight. As well his levels for the spins were not there. Where did he get the points? Sympathy votes for sure.

Worlds will be an eye opener.:laugh:

Puchi

On the Ice
OMG.... wow.... honestly I wish he'd had the skate of his life for his LP, but OMG... tears of joy for Ryan tonight! Thank you SO MUCH for coming back, Ryan!

I hope he 'll have the skate of his life at Worlds, that would be a nice wrap for his career.

Layfan

Record Breaker
Oh my God. I am sooooooo happy for Ryan. He got his Galindo moment!! Well sort of because the skate wasn't clean. But he did rotate the second quad and was one of the few who tried it.

He totally deserved the win because he totally deserved his 12 point lead over Richard from the short with the 4-3 he did. that's what happens when you don't give up on the performance. Good job. so happy for him.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
BIG QUESTION; Will the Committee select Jeremy for Worlds and send Ross off to 4CC?

Whom do you think would make the strongest team for International Skating?

They may do that, but in reverse sort of. I think it would be fair to send the top 3 to Worlds and send Jeremy to 4CC instead of Ross. I would understand that.

It's like the Japanese women and Worlds/4CC. The Worlds team is Miki Ando, Mao Asada, and Kanako Murakami (top 3 at nationals), but Akiko Suzuki replaces Murakami on the 4CC team.

I look forward to expert analysis of the protocols. I don't understand his being even 4th in the FP. It's an embarrassing national champion program.

Adorable interview and one of the all time great K&C's. Great guy. But what about the skating? Well - at least I can hope he'll do better at Worlds.

Dornbush should have had it.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
BIG QUESTION; Will the Committee select Jeremy for Worlds and send Ross off to 4CC?

Whom do you think would make the strongest team for International Skating?

Oh goodness, I don't know.

Rippon posted a skate that beat Plushenko, Takahashi and Kozuka, but has been on a steady decline ever since.

Abbott tried to structure his season to peak at worlds, but floundered before then.

Dornbush is largely untested in seniors. Miner did skate seniors and had uninspiring skates.

Bradley deserves to go - shouldn't bump the champion. But I'd like to see Dornbush go to junior worlds, but that's almost unfair to send Abbott instead of him (keeping Miner).

Conundrum, that's for sure

jettasian

Match Penalty
Ryan had the worst skating skills by far of all of the men tonight. As well his levels for the spins were not there. Where did he get the points? Sympathy votes for sure.

Well, they can't let an unknown newbie win, can they? No, always better to give it to someone's about done with skating.

Enidan

On the Ice
Oh my God. I am sooooooo happy for Ryan. He got his Galindo moment!! Well sort of because the skate wasn't clean. But he did rotate the second quad and was one of the few who tried it.

He totally deserved the win because he totally deserved his 12 point lead over Richard from the short with the 4-3 he did. that's what happens when you don't give up on the performance. Good job. so happy for him.

Well said! I agree with you all the way !

Layfan

Record Breaker
I look forward to expert analysis of the protocols. I don't understand his being even 4th in the FP. It's an embarrassing national champion program.

Adorable interview and one of the all time great K&C's. Great guy. But what about the skating? Well - at least I can hope he'll do better at Worlds.

Dornbush should have had it.

I didn't think it was that bad. He rotated his second quad so I'm sure he got the points. After that he made no real mistakes. And he had a huge lead over Dornbush coming in. There are two programs in this competition. Ryan may have messed up in the long but Dornbush messed up in the short.

I knew people were going to start saying this. Me, I knew he would win as soon as he stopped skating. It's math.

seniorita

Record Breaker
MAybe Ryan will do what Sara MEier did and dont go to Worlds, he might choose SOI as National Champion, come to KOI, and lave on high note. What to do at worlds?
Actually this is not the time to take his moment away, this weekend is oldies revenge!!!!

I m thrilled he won!

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Or maybe they'll be entertained by it. It's certainly a fun program.

Or maybe they'll be happy that the guys who can score about ten-twenty points higher aren't there challenging their men (seriously, the European dudes just got a huge boost from this).

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
With a team of Bradley, Dornbush, and Miner, the U.S might not even salvage 2 spots for next year, forget any chance of keeping 3. That is why I am pretty sure Abbott will be place on the team over 1 of Dornbush or Miner.

ks777

Record Breaker
Now that Ryan won the US national, he might be invited to do SOI? He really should replace Steven Cousin..

Tigger

Final Flight
I never thought I'd ever get to type this...

Congratulations United States Champion Ryan Bradley!!!

So very thrilled for him and what an afternoon of skating. Did the kids ever show up or what!?? US Mens Skating is looking very bright for the future.

Gutted for Jeremy. :(