Page 22 of 44 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast

Thread: Senior Men's LP (starts at 4pm EST)

Custom Title
    I'm sure the usfsa don't care and will send 1-3 finishers.

Custom Title
    Ryan had the worst skating skills by far of all of the men tonight. As well his levels for the spins were not there. Where did he get the points? Sympathy votes for sure.

Custom Title
    Will the USFSA try to bribe Lysacek to go to worlds? LOL LOL

The Future Mrs. Evan Lysacek #1Kerryfan's Avatar
    Well I think they'd be better off sending Jeremy, but they probably will send Richard and Ross.

Like subtlety in ice dancing Serious Business's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jettasian View Post
    Re Ryan Bradley, what the heck with those limp-wristed, sissy movements? Were they supposed to be charming and funny? I don't think so. He's just adding stereoptyped that skating is for sissy. Hate the program! And suckie skate to win the title, totally NOT deserving the win.
    Oh lawdy. Did you not hear the dozens of times the theme of the program is announced? He's skating to Mozart and referencing the film Amadeus. He is portraying a FOP, not the other f word. Mozart was a huge foppity fop of a fop, but he was vigorously heterosexual. And considering that Mozart was famously flamboyant in life, it's likely accurate. It doesn't diminish the fact that Mozart is one of the most talented and revered human beings that ever lived. He just happened to take life and wrist holds not very seriously.

Adam, Jeremy

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by jan View Post
    Ryan had the worst skating skills by far of all of the men tonight. As well his levels for the spins were not there. Where did he get the points? Sympathy votes for sure.
    Worlds will be an eye opener.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    OMG.... wow.... honestly I wish he'd had the skate of his life for his LP, but OMG... tears of joy for Ryan tonight! Thank you SO MUCH for coming back, Ryan!
    I hope he 'll have the skate of his life at Worlds, that would be a nice wrap for his career.

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Oh my God. I am sooooooo happy for Ryan. He got his Galindo moment!! Well sort of because the skate wasn't clean. But he did rotate the second quad and was one of the few who tried it.

He totally deserved the win because he totally deserved his 12 point lead over Richard from the short with the 4-3 he did. that's what happens when you don't give up on the performance. Good job. so happy for him.

Currently frozen as a popsicle Chemistry66's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    BIG QUESTION; Will the Committee select Jeremy for Worlds and send Ross off to 4CC?

Whom do you think would make the strongest team for International Skating?
    They may do that, but in reverse sort of. I think it would be fair to send the top 3 to Worlds and send Jeremy to 4CC instead of Ross. I would understand that.

It's like the Japanese women and Worlds/4CC. The Worlds team is Miki Ando, Mao Asada, and Kanako Murakami (top 3 at nationals), but Akiko Suzuki replaces Murakami on the 4CC team.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Puchi View Post
    I hope he 'll have the skate of his life at Worlds, that would be a nice wrap.
    I think he should say thank you for the wonderful present. Now I am going to retire before worlds.

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    I look forward to expert analysis of the protocols. I don't understand his being even 4th in the FP. It's an embarrassing national champion program.

Adorable interview and one of the all time great K&C's. Great guy. But what about the skating? Well - at least I can hope he'll do better at Worlds.

Dornbush should have had it.

Banned
    BIG QUESTION; Will the Committee select Jeremy for Worlds and send Ross off to 4CC?

I predict they will send Jeremy to Worlds over Ross.

Custom Title

Oh goodness, I don't know.

Rippon posted a skate that beat Plushenko, Takahashi and Kozuka, but has been on a steady decline ever since.

Abbott tried to structure his season to peak at worlds, but floundered before then.

Dornbush is largely untested in seniors. Miner did skate seniors and had uninspiring skates.

Bradley deserves to go - shouldn't bump the champion. But I'd like to see Dornbush go to junior worlds, but that's almost unfair to send Abbott instead of him (keeping Miner).

Conundrum, that's for sure

Custom Title
    Way to go Ryan. Excellent win.

Page 22 of 44 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast