Page 23 of 44 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast

Thread: Senior Men's LP (starts at 4pm EST)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jan View Post
    Ryan had the worst skating skills by far of all of the men tonight. As well his levels for the spins were not there. Where did he get the points? Sympathy votes for sure.
    Well, they can't let an unknown newbie win, can they? No, always better to give it to someone's about done with skating.

More or less: more is more sequinsgalore's Avatar
    Geez...the mens long sure was unexpected.

Quote Originally Posted by Layfan View Post
    Oh my God. I am sooooooo happy for Ryan. He got his Galindo moment!! Well sort of because the skate wasn't clean. But he did rotate the second quad and was one of the few who tried it.

He totally deserved the win because he totally deserved his 12 point lead over Richard from the short with the 4-3 he did. that's what happens when you don't give up on the performance. Good job. so happy for him.
    Well said! I agree with you all the way !

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    I look forward to expert analysis of the protocols. I don't understand his being even 4th in the FP. It's an embarrassing national champion program.

Adorable interview and one of the all time great K&C's. Great guy. But what about the skating? Well - at least I can hope he'll do better at Worlds.

Dornbush should have had it.
    I didn't think it was that bad. He rotated his second quad so I'm sure he got the points. After that he made no real mistakes. And he had a huge lead over Dornbush coming in. There are two programs in this competition. Ryan may have messed up in the long but Dornbush messed up in the short.

I knew people were going to start saying this. Me, I knew he would win as soon as he stopped skating. It's math.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lavender View Post
    Worlds will be an eye opener.
    Oh for sure. The audience would be thinking : how the **** this **** won US Champ?
    Last edited by Tonichelle; 01-30-2011 at 06:09 PM. Reason: nice try bypassing the censors

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    MAybe Ryan will do what Sara MEier did and dont go to Worlds, he might choose SOI as National Champion, come to KOI, and lave on high note. What to do at worlds?
    Actually this is not the time to take his moment away, this weekend is oldies revenge!!!!

I m thrilled he won!

Custom Title
    Or maybe they'll be entertained by it. It's certainly a fun program.

Or maybe they'll be happy that the guys who can score about ten-twenty points higher aren't there challenging their men (seriously, the European dudes just got a huge boost from this).

Custom Title
    With a team of Bradley, Dornbush, and Miner, the U.S might not even salvage 2 spots for next year, forget any chance of keeping 3. That is why I am pretty sure Abbott will be place on the team over 1 of Dornbush or Miner.

Now that Ryan won the US national, he might be invited to do SOI? He really should replace Steven Cousin..

I never thought I'd ever get to type this...

Congratulations United States Champion Ryan Bradley!!!

So very thrilled for him and what an afternoon of skating. Did the kids ever show up or what!?? US Mens Skating is looking very bright for the future.

Gutted for Jeremy. :(

Custom Title
    If he was anywhere else in the world he would have been at least 8th in the free program and maybe 3rd or 4th overall.

Quote Originally Posted by ks777 View Post
    Now that Ryan won the US national, he might be invited to do SOI? He really should replace Steven Cousin..
    Cousins hasn't been in SOI for years... Bradley has a boost with the national title... here's hoping, anyway.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    With a team of Bradley, Dornbush, and Miner, the U.S might not even salvage 2 spots for next year, forget any chance of keeping 3. That is why I am pretty sure Abbott will be place on the team over 1 of Dornbush or Miner.
    LOL, voice of reason!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ks777 View Post
    Now that Ryan won the US national, he might be invited to do SOI?
    Exactly what I was thinking.

Custom Title
    OMG, it's such a crazy competition, might be the weakest in the past decade. But I'm sooooo happy for Ryan, on his 11th trip the the nationals, he finally got a title! He's such a charmer!

Richard and Ross were fantastic, I also like Armin and Keegan, the up and comers of USA are exciting to watch!

Page 23 of 44 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast