Page 26 of 44 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast

Thread: Senior Men's LP (starts at 4pm EST)

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Neither were considered ur'ed.
    Ok, that's just WRONG on so many levels! I cry foul!

Custom Title
    Bradley's only been to two worlds, why would he skip it now? Meier's been to nearly a dozen + the Olympics.

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Serious Business View Post
    While it's not official policy to send the silver and bronze medalists to worlds if they're age-eligible, it's certainly how it's done in years past which creates an expectation and a de facto rule. It would be hugely unfair to deny Dornbush or Miner the spot at Worlds that they earned by beating Abbott directly. Yes, this may cost the US a spot at the next worlds, but is that more important than fairness? Really, I am shocked at all these people who are suggesting such a thing. If securing one spot is more important than being fair and accountable to the athletes, then the USFS doesn't deserve to be responsible for them.
    As crushed as I am for Jeremy, I wholeheartedly agree with you. The U.S. set a precedent in 2009 when they didn't send Johnny despite Johnny's cries that he deserved it. And Jeremy doesn't even half the international record that Johnny did.

Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    Please, the USFSA priority should be in its own best interests which would of course be a better chance of doing well at Worlds and securing more spots for next year.
    Well, the USFSA is not soliciting opinions about what their priority should be.

Every time this question comes up, I think the trump card is, the skaters, parents, coaches, and local clubs want the athletes to skate for it. Not to go by the "best interests" of the USFSA.

Down with the establishment, up with the people!

Custom Title
    when will they announce the world and 4cc's team(s)?

Medalist
    Jeremy on FB:

"To those who skated their best Congrats and well deserved. As 4 me I am sorry. Just wasn't my year I guess. Regroup / refocus 4 the future."

Custom Title
    He is such a sportsman! Good for him! thanks for sharing his post.

On the Ice
    i hope jeremy can atleast go to 4cc cause i'd love to see his free program one last time and have him skate it with justice

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Ok, why are these protocols taking SO LONG to become available?

Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    Oh girl I dont wanna ruin your night, say no more. But you are a worst fangirl than me
    Open Champagne???:D

Yes IOlympia Sara wont go to Worlds, she kept it only because Euros were in Bern. She had said she would retire and I think it is a very good choice.
    meh. not trying to be a fangirl, just not overly impressed with any of the others I suppose as far as skating skills. But then I also love watching Keegan Messing skate, and I'm pretty sure he ranks low on everyone's SS list, too.

Custom Title

Like subtlety in ice dancing Serious Business's Avatar
    Ryan did get the lowest skating skill marks of the top skaters, and even lower transition marks. Even his interpretation score is lower than Adam Rippon's. He had some of the lowest PCS of the top skaters.

I agree his skating skill marks should be lower, while his interpretation mark and performance/execution score should be higher.

I also agree that his first quad toe should have a UR call, while his second one should be marked as a combo with the 2t.

At the same time, I think Dornbush's SS should be much higher (he is faassssst), his P/E should be slightly higher (carriage is one of the consideration for P/E and that's where I'd ding him for his hunched shoulders), and his int should be higher.

I'd need to actually see Dornbush's SP to see if he's undermarked enough there to justify him winning overall. But my feeling is that Ryan could've won fair and square even if Dornbush didn't suffer n00b PCS.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    meh. not trying to be a fangirl, just not overly impressed with any of the others I suppose as far as skating skills. But then I also love watching Keegan Messing skate, and I'm pretty sure he ranks low on everyone's SS list, too.
    welll...he is kinda slooow and makes KVDP look like Chan, but I dont care. He is awesome, made my weekend and I hope he comes in European shows as well! I hope he is happy now after missing Olympics!

Why I m watching NBC news? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by gold12345 View Post
    Miner did a great job, but he also wasn't skating with the pressure of trying to win something three times in a row like Abbott.
    IMHO you have to go by the results, not by who was under the most pressure.

Custom Title
    Okay, I want to toss this out there again.

Ryan Bradley tacked on a double toe to his second quad to ensure that he got credit for a combo.

He didn't - the protocols list it as a 4T+Seq.

If so, that double toe should be considered another jumping pass, right?

If that's true, then his final jumping pass doesn't count.

His final jumping pass is a 3F that got him 6.83 points

He won by 6.44 points.

Can someone explain where I'm wrong? Maybe the protocols I'm looking at are wrong?

... giving him credit for the 4t2t would give him an extra 3.4 points, fwiw.

Page 26 of 44 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast