Page 32 of 44 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast

Thread: Senior Men's LP (starts at 4pm EST)

Custom Title
    Men on U.S. World Junior Team are Max Aaron, Jason Brown, Keegan Messing...alternates are Alex Zahradnicek, Steven Evans, Philip Warren

http://twitter.com/#!/USFigureSkatin...77486690172928

Quote Originally Posted by wallylutz View Post
    Russians would never do that,...
    That is true.

...it's illogical.
    Only if you believe that the most important consideration is selecting the team that you think has the greatest probability of winning high placements at Worlds.

I know. This is the Russian way. It is the French way. It is the Azerbaijan way. It is the ISU way. So be it...I guess.

Edited to remove Canada from the naughty list, in view of Siberia82's post.
    Last edited by Mathman; 01-30-2011 at 08:16 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by yunafan1860 View Post
    Imaging the US team in Tokyo makes me smile a little.
    Top three from the deepest field of the world is no laughing matter!!!

I think it is a wrong move that we (US) are not sending Miner and Dornbush to 4CC. I think they need the international experience before Worlds. Heck they are young whippersnappers and hungry. Could it be the US does not want to risk embarrassment on the international scene, just a thought.

Rinkside
    I'm not really impressed about the whole "national team" concept as Figure Skating is an individual sport as tennis. Maybe figure skating should take the same method as Grand Slams, say, if your ranking is higher than X, you are automatically selected to the worlds. The higher ranked skaters may help their nations to secure more spots.

Custom Title
    Max Aaron, Jason Brown and Keegan Messing are going to World Juniors.

I do think America's depth is pretty ridiculously awesome, and this trio should be able to secure the maximum number of JGP slots for next season.

Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5 View Post
    I think it is a wrong move that we (US) are not sending Miner and Dornbush to 4CC.
    If past precedent is a guide, they were probably offered the opportunity first and decided to use the time to prepare for Worlds instead.

Custom Title
    Seems wierd that all three opted out, though.

Quote Originally Posted by nataliem View Post
    I'm not really impressed about the whole "national team" concept as Figure Skating is an individual sport as tennis. Maybe figure skating should take the same method as Grand Slams, say, if your ranking is higher than X, you are automatically selected to the worlds. The higher ranked skaters may help their nations to secure more spots.
    I think it is practically impossible for this idea to make any headway the way the ISU is organized. The Members of the ISU are the National Federations. They are not going to vote themselves into irrelevance.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by skatinginbc View Post
    Top three from the deepest field of the world is no laughing matter!!!

Like subtlety in ice dancing Serious Business's Avatar
    Yay, the USFS made the fair decision according their own established rules. I will never understand sports fans who want rules changed retroactively to benefit their favorites. To me, the greatest and most important thing about sport is that fairness is a priority. That is rarely true of anything else in life. Without fairness, there is no competition. Without set rules, same deal. If you don't like fairness or established rules, you don't actually like competition, you just like a certain predetermined result.

While I find Ross Miner dreadfully dull, and would rather watch Abbott any day of the week, I'd still rather watch Miner at worlds than to see the rules being ignored.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Dornbush won the JGP Final.

Ross competed pretty well on the Grand Prix this fall.

So Worlds will not be their first international competion at a high level, by any means.

Banned
    The Four Continents team is way stronger than the World team. Sorry but the U.S men are going to do so bad at Worlds. I wont be surprised in the least if they fail to even retain TWO spots. What do they have to reach to keep 2 spots, doesnt someone need a top 10 finish.

The U.S are going to regret leaving Abbott and Nagasu at home in favor of people like Flatt and Miner, I gaurantee it.

Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    We have been keeping Dornbush and Miner under wraps all year. Heh heh. Chan and Takahashi have no notion of their existence. Heh heh. Just as we planned all along. Heh heh.

Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    Aside from the last three men, what a great afternoon of skating it was. Dornbush was my favorite - loved him at the JGPF, love him even more now. This is a great program for him, and he really sold it. Plus those jumps! I also really enjoyed Mahbanoozadeh, Messing & Cassar. I can't wait to see Brown's FS - seems like he had a great one and I normally love his skating.
    Yeah Dornbush was my favorite also!

Page 32 of 44 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast