Weir considering comeback | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Weir considering comeback

Lilyvalley

Rinkside
Johnny is the best skater I`ve seen for almost 50 years since I was the skater myself in childhood.
Everyone who can see the beauty, the true art , the perfect technique and the unique style in FS should understand that Johnny has got his own unique place in FS which is much more higher than the 1 place of the OG and World Champs.
A lot of people all over the world will not remember the most champions of these years as people have not remembered even the names of the most champions of the last century but I`m sure people`ll remember Johnny Weir`s skating for a long time.

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
I did read his book and it actually pretty good. A pretty candid look into his life as a person and skater. If he buckled down I think he could make a comeback. He really is talented, his spins, edges, his jumps when landed are georgeous. I think he still has a lot to offer skating, he just needs to put the bs aside and go for it.

seniorita

Record Breaker
If he comes back with a new program like Torino sp, which I rewatch and rewatch, I think people would forget his off ice persona.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
If he comes back with a new program like Torino sp, which I rewatch and rewatch, I think people would forget his off ice persona.

But his off ice persona got him the title of the Olympic Champion while his on ice performaces never did and most likely never will. What do you think he chooses?

seniorita

Record Breaker
I dont know, ok he was not on the podium at Olympics but he is 5th and 6th place. Very good still. And besides medals he skates beautifully.
Err I missed the part that he talks about Olys exaclty , but i find it possible non skating fans to not know who won the Olympics in mens figure skating as I dont know who won in slalom, but I found strange they would think it was him the Oly Champion. It is not like he won gold after gold and they confused the competitions.

Layfan

Record Breaker
Maybe he meant they thought he should have been Olympic champion.

Or maybe the truly clueless out there assume that if they've heard of a skater it's because he's the Olympic champion. If that's the case, I wouldn't be bragging so much about it if I were Johnny.