Ryan Bradley NEEDS a New LP! | Golden Skate

Ryan Bradley NEEDS a New LP!

Nadine

Record Breaker
Pronto!

Seriously, his SP is a masterpiece, I love it, except for the slow fw & spins everything else was FANTASTIC, especially that 4/3 & 3A at the very beginning, that set the stage for the whole thing. Lol, I didn't know he could JUMP like that! :eek: :love:

If he duplicates his Nationals SP at Worlds he should be way up there, but his LP doesn't do him any favors. :disagree: Therefore he needs a new LP ASAP!

Any ideas? I'll have to look at some of his old programs to see which one fits him the best, but this Amadeus LP is a joke, and in a bad way. :(

But that 4/3 & 3A during the SP is easily the best ever from an American man, and imho fits right up there with the very best in the world ~ Evgeni Plushenko. :bow:

Serious Business

Record Breaker
No. Freaking. Way. Are you kidding me? With Worlds in Japan this year? Japanese fangirls love foppish idols (everything from visual kei to a more familiar example like Daisuke Takahashi). His whole Mozart act in the FS will go over huge. If he keeps his performance level up (and how can he not, giant ham that he is), there should be girls shrieking by the end of his skate. That's going to boost his PCS. I don't see any of his past programs going over nearly as well in Japan

Nadine

Record Breaker
I'm being serious, not sarcastic, unlike you, "Serious Business". ;)

Seriously, lol, I just got through watching Ryan's 2011 Nationals FS (btw I wasn't paying attention to ANY of the men that skated yesterday, and that's the truth, therefore I'll need to watch them ALL over again). And Ryan's Mozart? clown program making fun of classical music is one of the worst ever I've seen by a *man*? In fact it fits right up there with Isabelle Brausseur & Lloyd Eisler's exhibition skate where he's dressed up like a transvetite with bright red lipstick, white pancake makeup, blue eyeshadow, fake eyelashes, red dress, high heel skates, and a white platinum wig! :disagree: :p

If I were a judge it would innately turn me off to the point that I couldn't take him seriously, even before he began his performance, but most importantly it would detract from his jumps because I would be too busy looking at the horror of the program/choreography. (8^O Two huge thumbs down! >:<

That type of program belongs on SOI, not competitive amateur skating.

childfreegirl

Final Flight
I love his LP. At this point, with having not competed in so long, I don't think it would help to get a new LP so close to World's. He's comfortable with this program and he can really sell it.

seniorita

Record Breaker
When he skated it first time in TEB 2009 I remember not linking it much but I dont remember now if he skated it good and I didnt like the program or if he just didnt deliver so I was not impressed. But it grew on me since then (the Lp) and now I like it. Some people say he is channeling Petrenko 1992. I dont know if judges like it though.
I think in Japan he will be a heart breaker anyway, and will have the audience on his side, i predict him, amodio and dai to steal the audience reaction.

But his sp is awesome, highlights his strengths and this weekend him and KVDP proved that at 27 you can jump better than the 20 year olds!:rock: Now if someone explained me what his costume has to do with music... i miss the connection.

Serious Business

Record Breaker
I'm being serious, not sarcastic, unlike you, "Serious Business". ;)

I'm being completely serious about how well his FS will do in Japan. The fangirls there love it when a man lets his hair down. Or in this case, his powdered wig.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Hmmm, I've been thinking this over, and since Worlds is right around the corner I think he should turn his brilliant SP into a LP!!!!! :thumbsup: All he has to do is hit the jumps and that masterpiece should score amongst the very best imho. Of course easier said than done, but he can do it!

Btw, I've been researching the history of US Nationals Mens Singles Titles, and I've been wrong all along ~ Chris Christenson won the 1926 Title at age 51, making him the oldest ever! ~ followed up by Nathaniel Niles in 1927 at age 40, Roger Turner in 1934 at age 33, and Todd Eldredge in 2002 at 30 yrs. old. So that makes Ryan Bradley's win in 2011 the 5th oldest in the history of US Nationals! :love:

1.) Chris Christenson, age 51
2.) Nathaniel Niles, age 40
3.) Roger Turner, age 33
4.) Todd Eldredge, age 30
5.) Ryan Bradley, age 27
6.) Michael Weiss, age 26
7.) Rudy Galindo, age 26

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
It's the same program as last year and I don't recall seeing everyone calling it clownish then. He's playing the character like that of the movie teh music is from. OMG he dared to be different lets crucify him. Better to be entertaining than gliding from one end of the rink to the other doing jumps... or pelvic thrusts.

Serious Business

Record Breaker
It's the same program as last year and I don't recall seeing everyone calling it clownish then.

Most skate fans weren't paying attention to him last season. I personally like the program and am happy that he did so well with it. But that success comes with a spotlight and that spotlight comes with a peanut gallery. As a Ryan fan you sure could and should defend his program and performance. But you can't be too miffed that he's being nitpicked. That's a sign of his success. It gives you more opportunities to talk about him!

colleen o'neill

Medalist
I liked Nobu's Mozart SP better as a program..the humour wasn't so broad.That said, I think Ryan can sell it like no-one else and I think it will go over very well with the audience.
Besides , he has time, and space in the program to add in a few more point-gathering details before World's...without any major reconstruction.

evangeline

Record Breaker
In a sea of (oft monotonous) programs with classical music that play it completely straight and poker-faced, Ryan Bradley's LP stands out, hopefully charming enough to disguise his technical weaknesses. Why fix what isn't broken? Bradley is entertaining enough to pull it off and at the very least he can firmly establish himself as a fun and engaging show skater to get that coveted SoI contract.

Last edited:
I agree. he needs a new LP and a more serious one. His SP was fine as jovial can be, but the 17th century Gallop may not interest the judges as serious skating even if he skates it clean. International judges are not easy to please.

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
Bradley's LP was well received in North America. I don't think he is liked much in Europe. His this program has been given cold responses last year at the Worlds in Turin, Italy. I don't know about Japan. We can only speculate until then.

Ryan is a talented intertainer for sure. But this kind of clownish movements can only be used occassionally to spice up the interests of the viewers. If they are all over the places and take up all the program, it will be nothing more than a clown performance, especially if the hardwares are not solid. The all over programed clown movements are worse transitions than just one kiss or just one pelvic thrust.;)

But I agree it's too late to change.

let`s talk

Match Penalty
I don't think he is liked much in Europe. His this program has been given cold responses last year at the Worlds in Turin, Italy.
Italians are lovers of classics. My guess is they found that his program was not respectful enough, probably they saw it as a kind of the American parody on the saint classics. As the result he got a cold response. I think he will be fine in Japan. Actually I am pretty happy that he won in the US. His program has the meaning, you can skate it only with that music. It's not that Chan's stuff "element-transtions-element" for money.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Most skate fans weren't paying attention to him last season. I personally like the program and am happy that he did so well with it. But that success comes with a spotlight and that spotlight comes with a peanut gallery. As a Ryan fan you sure could and should defend his program and performance. But you can't be too miffed that he's being nitpicked. That's a sign of his success. It gives you more opportunities to talk about him!

I'm more annoyed just with hypocrasy in general. If it's okay one year, it's good the next year. I would be just as "miffed" if it were a skater I didn't like.

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
I'm more annoyed just with hypocrasy in general. If it's okay one year, it's good the next year. I would be just as "miffed" if it were a skater I didn't like.

I don't think that was the case. His this program was well liked by many, and disliked by some, myself included but I was not the only one, last year. I think it was making fun of timeless classical music. If it's just occassional funny moves, I don't mind at all, like I said in last post. But the whole program is made like this.

I went back and rewatched both his last year's and this year's LP at Nationals. If you compare his last year's Nationals and his this year's Nationals, you can see there was a difference. The difference was that this year's performance was even more clownish with his more excessive arm, wrist, and hand movements. Plus his jumps were worse than last year's. It felt like lost the charm from the jumps? Oh, well, add more cute here.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
He's not making fun of classical music. He's having fun with classical music. Check out pianist Victor Borge sometime. He's classically trained (brilliant really) and yet he "goofs off" with the classical pieces... and it's still amazing. It's not because he's making fun of the music - which you can tell he enjoys - he's just having fun with it.