Thread: agnes zawadzki reminds me of Tonya Harding

Hybrid View

agnes zawadzki reminds me of Tonya Harding

Is it just me? Her make up, her big jumps, and her family situation.

Custom Title
    Yes, right on!

But I rather view her as the *new & improved* Tonya Harding. Look at those thighs & slightly bowed legs exactly like Tonya, except Agnes is tall & lithe, but those powerful legs are just like Tonya's!

I love this kid, she has the most potential I've ever seen from an American lady since Tonya, can't wait to see what the future holds. But most importantly she's hungry, unlike some of these other pampered ballerinas. (;^)

I like Agnes, there is a fire in her skating!

I see a little of Tonya but I think Agnes is a more well-rounded skater. I think the height of the jumps is where the comparison ends, Tonya is one of the greatest jumpers of all time.

Custom Title
    Interesting point. It would be great to have another American jumper like that...but you'll understand why I hope Agnes isn't too much like Tonya. It isn't just what Tonya stooped to do at the end. It's the lack of discipline she showed through much of her career. In that area, I hope that Agnes is more like Michelle or Evan.

Custom Title
    ....as well as the dodgy packaging and the need for improvement in basic skating skills. Yep, definitely some resemblance there.

Custom Title
    Yawn, of course I knew somebody would bring up the bad instead of focusing on the good.

Oops, in my original post I meant to say "pampered princesses". :D

Also, if anyone hasn't caught the award ceremony for the ladies you can now over on IN ~ looooooooooove seeing Agnes up there in 4th place (pewter medal) along with the rest of the great ladies!

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan! blue dog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by evangeline View Post
    ....as well as the dodgy packaging and the need for improvement in basic skating skills. Yep, definitely some resemblance there.
    Actually, Tonya had some good skating skills. She had excellent edging; she just wasn't good at figures. She had deep edges in spirals; she just didn't have the high leg position of Nancy Kerrigan.

As for her music choices--although some of those choices seemed in poor taste, they were not much different than 99% of the women at the time (except for Kristi and Midori). Most of the women in the late 80's-early 90's had the changes in rhythm, which resulted in those programs. Of course, when the era changed, even Tonya changed with it, by skating to programs from the same work.

Tonya and Agnes...hmmm...I see Tonya's fearlessness, her jumping and spinning ability in Agnes. I hope Agnes' team learned from Tonya's mistakes. Maybe Tonya II's story will have a happier ending.

Shoe Diva
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
    Yes, right on!

But I rather view her as the *new & improved* Tonya Harding. Look at those thighs & slightly bowed legs exactly like Tonya, except Agnes is tall & lithe, but those powerful legs are just like Tonya's!

I love this kid, she has the most potential I've ever seen from an American lady since Tonya, can't wait to see what the future holds. But most importantly she's hungry, unlike some of these other pampered ballerinas. (;^)
    I thought the exact same thing!! From her jumps to the dress and even that TH swag thing... it was like going back in time. I also appreciated that fearless look in her eye; she had oodles & ooodles of confidence - which when I'm being truly honest about US ladies skating seems to be the key issue. I shall be keeping an eye on this one.

It's refreshing to have a Tech skater around. I get so bored watching all those faux ballerinas on ice. Agnes, you go girl!

Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    It's refreshing to have a Tech skater around. I get so bored watching all those faux ballerinas on ice. Agnes, you go girl!
    Completely agree. She tears it up. Something I liked about Kat Witt, Taylor Flirth, Danielle Kahle amongst some others, just the first to come to mind, that naughty by nature attitude (at least for the routine). Her "power" didn't really remind me of Tonya though - but I can see where that thought comes from. Best over all US nats I can recall for a long time.

I really enjoy Agnes' skating, what is this family situation that everyone keeps alluding too, and I do not see any resembelance between her and Tonya Harding. Tonya carried a dark cloud and did not have a good reputation within US figure skating, even before the incident. Anges' skating is fresh, clean, and her jumps are very powerful , she is a medal hopeful for Sochi for Team USA, its about time we put an American lady back on the podium.