4 Ekaterina Petaykina / Maxim Kurdukov MoE 142.21 5 3
5 Anna Silaeva / Arthur Minchuk SPB 142.08 4 4
6 Tatiana Tudvaseva / Sergei Lisiev RSP 128.05 7 6
7 Valeria Grechukhina / Andrew FILONOV MoE 125.98 6 8
8 Elizaveta Semenova / Maxim Petukhov RSP 124.18 9 7
9 Anastasia Dolidze / Igor Chudinov MoE 120.19 8 9
10 Yana Volkova / Alex Petryanin RSP 107.67 10 11
11 Lena Fedorova / Maxim Miroshkin MoE 106.48 11 10

Stolbova/Klimov skated clean, except for an error in the SBS 3T+2T+2T combination (she put her hands down and didn't do the combo). I really like their performance, and in terms of style, smoothness and polish, they were way ahead of the field. I think their speed has also improved.

Vasilieva/Shevchuk had really lovely program and seemed improved from their JGP event, but had a fall on the 3LoTh and a shaky lift. I don't understand why their components are so much higher than the other teams. They did attempt 2 SBS triple jumps.

Astakhova/Bochkov were good with a clean program. They had really nice unison. Did 3S and 2A - but her jumps are tiny! Unfortunately, I think she might just be too big for him, as she's gotten quite tall and he's not that tall for a pairs guy.

Silaeva/Minchuk's only error was a hand down on a 2A+2A sequence. They also did 3T, 3STh and 3LoTh. Seemed to get stronger as the performance went on.

Didn't catch Petaykina/Kurdukov, but I heard they skated very well and I'm sad they missed out on a medal.

From the younger pairs, Semenova/Petukhov had two great throws and triple twist. Fedorova/Miroshkin had a lot of errors, but they have the "it factor" in spades. Grechukina/Filonov had really nice SP choreo, but in the LP they recycled Martyusheva/Rogonov's Nutcracker LP and costumes. Still, they went for a 3T side by side and have some nice skills. I liked Tudvaseva/Lisaev's SP as well (didn't catch the LP). All these girls were born in 1997 and I don't think any were eligible for the JGP this year. They all showed a lot of potential.

Overall a very enjoyable competition with a lot of difficult content attempted.

Lucky Star

Final Flight
Men results
1. Artur Dmitriev 206.85
2. Zhan Bush 206.14
3. Gordei Gorshkov 205.26
4. Mark Shakhmatov 192.41
5. Maxim Kovtun 182.57
6. Konstantin Milyukov 175.94
7. Mikhail Kolyada 172.35
8. Ilia Petrov 164.35
9. Vladislav Tarasenko 163.93
10. Alexei Genya 160.86

I saw only few of them and I must say it could've been better. Dmitriev fell on 3A and had some other mistakes, he still has a lot of work on PCS, but I can see his progress. And finally he has decent spins, thanks to Vodorezova (Kristina Zaseeva, btw, also spins better now when she is in Vodorezova's group).
Gorshkov, Bush and Shakhmatov were boring, though Gorshkov was cleaner.
My favorite is Maxim Kovtun, he doubled some jumpes, but landed beautiful 3A-3T at the beginning. He also has good skating skills and I'd give him the highest PCS. I hope to see him at the JGP next season, very promising skater!
Alexei Genya is very young, only 11 y.o., but already has decent jumps and skating skills, I liked him a lot.

Oh, and now we know what happened with Adelina Sotnikova. She is sick, so they decided to miss this event, but she will go to the Junior Worlds

Last edited:

gmyers

Record Breaker
At last years jr worlds dmitriev went from 15 in the short to 5th in the free but he had a quad then. I don't believe he has a quad now.

Lucky Star

Final Flight
Ice dance final results
1. Ksenia Monko/Kirill Khaliavin 158.64
2. Ekaterina Pushkash/Jonathan Guerreiro 147.09
3. Evgenia Kosygina/Nikolai Moroshkin 142.81
4. Alexandra Stepanova/Ivan Bukin 139.57
5. Valeria Zenkova/Valeri Sinitsin 138.73
6. Valeria Loseva/Denis Lunin 123.69
7. Anna Yanovskaya/Egor Kosheev 118.17
8. Maria Simonova/Dmitri Dragun 116.86
9. Tatiana Baturintseva/Sergei Mozgov 113.99
10. Daria Morozova/Mikhail Zhirnov 111.27

M/K were on the league of their own. I still can't understand why did they stay in juniors, it's just a waste of time for them to compete with these kids. I'm sure they could make top 5 at Euros with technique and programs they have.
K/M skated very clean and beautiful, they improved a lot since JGP and I expect even more from them next season. Very promising team.
P/G didn't touch me, though they looked matured compare to other couples except M/K, I'd put them behind K/M.
S/B did well, I didn't notice any mistakes, but top 3 looked better, so I agree with the results.
And seems like M/K and P/G go to Junior Worlds, the 3rd spot is undecided, guess K/M or Sinitsina/Zhiganshin will get it

gmyers

Record Breaker
I thought S/B would do better to be honest.

Thanks for the videos. Liza's 2A is so good there! I would give that all +3 GOE!!!

Lucky Star

Final Flight
Ladies final results
1. Elizaveta Tuktamisheva 193.56
2. Polina Shelepen 174.33
3. Rosa Sheveleva 173.58
4. Elena Radionova 158.97
5. Natalia Ogoreltseva 154.71
4. Sofia Biryukova 153.77
7. Polina Agafonova 145.61
8. Kristina Zaseeva 139.38
9. Daria Medvedeva 139.00
10. Ekaterina Frolova 137.30

I really liked top 5! They were all impressive! Liza rocked the house, did amazing 3Lz-3T and 2A-3T combos! Her only mistake was shaky landing after 3Lo.
Polina Shelepen is a fighter, landed all of her jumps, including 2A-3T and 2A-3T-2T combos and two 3Lz. Though one or two jumps looked UR.
Rosa was lovely! Huge jumps, great 3Lz! She did 1F, but other jumps were clean. She beat Shelepen in FS, but 3rd overall.
Two wonderbabies, Radionova and Ogoreltseva, did well. Both had mistakes, but both landed clean 3Lz and 3F and Ogoreltseva did 3Lo-tano 2A sequence, very impressive! She also had the best spins, really, she spins as fast as Lipnitskaya.
Lipnitskaya withdrew ((
Sofia began with solid 3T-3T and 3F, but then did double jumps, it wasn't her day for sure.
Agafonova had mistakes on both lutzes, so no 3-3, but landed other jumps.
Zaseeva did clean 3T-3T and looked better than at the beginning of the season.
And Medvedeva also looked better, did 3Lz-tano2T

oleada

Record Breaker
The top 5 were great. Liza was on and the 3Lz+3T and the 2A+3T were beautiful. I hope she can skate 2 clean programs at JW, and I really hope she sticks with this jump layout. I'm not a fan of Shelepen, but she was very good here and I've never seen her sell her programs more. Heartbroken for Roza, though....her jumps are huge, and she has real power in her skating. She presents well, too, but not in a flashy way, but naturally. Elena Radionova and Natalia Ogareltseva - two names to watch out for in the future. Elena is so charismatic and is a little spitfire; Natalia is quite musical with great spins.

feraina

Record Breaker
I love the internet! Just absolutely amazed by the two wunderkinden Elena Radionova and Natalia Ogoreltseva. Unbelievable! Radionova has so much charisma and flare for one so young, and such a fierce competitor who doesn't give up an inch! Great 3Z-3T attempt in the SP, that 3Z covered so much height and distance, no wonder she almost ran into the boards on the 3T. Too bad she touched down on the 2A in the FS and couldn't go for the 3T after. She really improved on her spins since earlier in the season, too; they got a lot faster. Great job especially on that layback spin.

Little Natalia is a natural ballerina, so delicate and musical, I love her deep knee bend and soft arms. Hard to believe at 10 she already has all those triples!

I'm thinking Russia will rule in ladies at Sochi, and for many years after. Russia could well be ruling the next 3 Olympic cycles just based on their current talent pipeline. I mean, yes, of course there's puberty and all, but puberty hits every nation, and I just can't think of this sort of extreme depth and talent elsewhere in young girls, not U.S., not Japan, not China... In the U.S. the top juniors are 15. The top novice are 14 and attempting much less difficult content, except for Barbie Long, who trails in presentation/performance.

oleada

Record Breaker
Feraina, if you are interested in the even younger set :lol: - Moscow is having its local U12 championships right now. There are two divisions based on age and each competition has 3 segments - elements, short and long.

Radionova won the older division easily, but she didn't have the best skate, as she popped the 3F to a single. They haven't done the LP yet, but she should win anyway.

The younger set is fun to watch. Maria Sotskova was the clear champion. She's got BIG jumps - 3T, 3S, 3Lo - and nice polish and lines for her age (10). Alexandra Proklova who won silver is fierceness wrapped up in one tiny little package. I especially liked her SP even with jump mistakes. Ekaterina Alexandrova is also a really nice skater with a Rippon style variation on her 3T.

SP results, video: http://www.fskate.ru/news/362/
LP results, video: http://www.fskate.ru/news/364/

Last edited:

Lucky Star

Final Flight
The younger set is fun to watch. Maria Sotskova was the clear champion. She's got BIG jumps - 3T, 3S, 3Lo - and nice polish and lines for her age (10).

And she did 3F-2T at the elements. Really, we can expect to see more and more wonderbabies.
BTW, in St.Petersburgh there is also local competition and girls there are even better! Serafima Sakhanovich (b. in 2000), who amazed me few weeks ago with her 3T-3T, landed a clean 3Lz. And Ekaterina Vysotina (b. in 2000 as well), last year she had only doubles, landed clean 3F-2T (and 3Lz at the warm up).
All these girls are trying to qualify to Zhuk Memorial. Plus Ogoreltseva (b. in 2000), who has all triples. It's gonna be exciting