• Yes

28 46.67%
  • No

32 53.33%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Can a clean Agnes win JW?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by BackStage Barbie View Post
    It is so interesting to go back and look at junior world podiums from previous seasons because it is rare that those podium finishers become senior World and Olympic podium finishers. Many junior world champions have fallen off the radar and cannot even qualify for senior worlds. On the flip side, many of the current senior stars never made a world podium at the junior level.
    Seems like this is true more true regarding the men than the women. Many of the current woman podium contenders have done very well at junior worlds.

Custom Title
    I concur cjsk8fan, just off the top of my head I can name Rosalynn Sumners, Michelle Kwan, Kristi Yamaguchi, Sarah Hughes, Mao Asada, Yuna Kim, Irina Slutskaya.

Custom Title
    p.s. just to be clear, those I mentioned shined in BOTH juniors & seniors, they medalled at both.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by cjsk8fan View Post
    Seems like this is true more true regarding the men than the women. Many of the current woman podium contenders have done very well at junior worlds.
    Come to think of it, only Takahashi, Chan, Joubert, Lysacek, Wier had won jr world and senior world medals past few years....Many hasn't reach their potential yet ...ala Oda, Kazuko, Hanyu, Rippon, Carriae....gezzz list go on and on...

Custom Title
    I don't want to jinx any of my faves, so if there name is in a poll I won't vote, but I know what I want to see!

Here's to all you brave souls voting.

Quote Originally Posted by wonderlen3000 View Post
    Come to think of it, only Takahashi, Chan, Joubert, Lysacek, Wier had won jr world and senior world medals past few years....Many hasn't reach their potential yet ...ala Oda, Kazuko, Hanyu, Rippon, Carriae....gezzz list go on and on...
    Rippon is a two-time junior world champion.

lilyajaeren
    Well i don't think so. Adelina and Liza are so talented and consistent and she hasn't been. It is possible that she could, but i don't see her winning, just contending for the podium.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by lilyajaeren View Post
    Well i don't think so. Adelina and Liza are so talented and consistent and she hasn't been. It is possible that she could, but i don't see her winning, just contending for the podium.
    I agree with this. A couple mistakes in the ladies event could make the difference between 2nd and 6th place, potentially. There are 7 girls planning 7 triples in their LPs and most of them are pretty well rounded skaters on top of that.

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BackStage Barbie View Post
    Rippon is a two-time junior world champion.
    And he hasn't won a Senior World medal. Hence...

By the way, the answer to this thread title is: "No, a clean Agnes can not win Junior Worlds. But a DIRTY Agnes can!"

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6