Jason Brown was AMAZING! What was NBC thinking?! | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown was AMAZING! What was NBC thinking?!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
For that matter, Keegan has a quad in his LP. This is a risky strategy. His SP is fabulous, to Robin Hood, and he executed it really well at US Nats, finishing 4th in that part of the event in seniors. It is puzzling that his spins don't get higher values sometimes, and that appears to be a flaw in his coaching, since he is a great, fast spinner. He also should be able to manage better than level 1 or 2 in steps. Plus, since he has a decent 3Lo, I see no reason to have a 3F in the short and get the edge call, particularly since he did a 3Lo in the same place in the JGPF. IMO, he should have ditched The Incredible Hulk as an LP, since he looks more like The Little Green Sprout than The Hulk.

His SP element list US Nats: 3A, 3Lz3T, FCSP2, 3F (edge call), CSSp4, SlSt2, CCoSp4:

His JGPF SP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NmwdEbxOM8

His LP elements list US Nats: 3A, 4T, FSSP3, 2A, 3Lz2t, FCSp2, 3A2T, SlSt1, CCoSp3, ChSt1, 3Lo, 3F+2t+2Lo (edge call), 3Lz

His LP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmQpxmak_7U

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
For that matter, Keegan has a quad in his LP. This is a risky strategy. His SP is fabulous, to Robin Hood, and he executed it really well at US Nats, finishing 4th in that part of the event in seniors. It is puzzling that his spins don't get higher values sometimes, and that appears to be a flaw in his coaching, since he is a great, fast spinner. He also should be able to manage better than level 1 or 2 in steps. Plus, since he has a decent 3Lo, I see no reason to have a 3F in the short and get the edge call, particularly since he did a 3Lo in the same place in the JGPF. IMO, he should have ditched The Incredible Hulk as an LP, since he looks more like The Little Green Sprout than The Hulk.

His SP element list US Nats: 3A, 3Lz3T, FCSP2, 3F (edge call), CSSp4, SlSt2, CCoSp4:

His JGPF SP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NmwdEbxOM8

His LP elements list US Nats: 3A, 4T, FSSP3, 2A, 3Lz2t, FCSp2, 3A2T, SlSt1, CCoSp3, ChSt1, 3Lo, 3F+2t+2Lo (edge call), 3Lz

His LP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmQpxmak_7U

I'd love to see Keegan work with someone other that Rory for his choreographer, but he's very limited being here in Alaska - which makes his acomplishments that much more amazing, IMO - and from what I understand the expenses of senior/juniors have really taxed the family

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
It might be easier to hire a different choreographer than a different coach. After all, it's one trip south, and could be combined with his trip to Jr. Worlds. And he could visit when attending events. Tricky, but do-able.

I hope he wins Jr. Worlds. The $15,000 would come in handy.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
It might be easier to hire a different choreographer than a different coach. After all, it's one trip south, and could be combined with his trip to Jr. Worlds. And he could visit when attending events. Tricky, but do-able.

I hope he wins Jr. Worlds. The $15,000 would come in handy.

Rory lives outside again, but she flies up to help out with Keegan regularly. I think that's why they keep going with Rory. She's dedicated to see him succeed. I just don't think she's "ready for the big time" choreographically.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I don't think so either. And it's too bad, because Keegan does some amazing things, and he deserves some senior level choreo.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I don't think so either. And it's too bad, because Keegan does some amazing things, and he deserves some senior level choreo.

couldn't agree more. We've hijacked the Jason thread, though, maybe we should create a Keegan thread? :laugh:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Yes, we should. Maybe a thread as a sendoff for all the Jr Worlds competitors in mens-Brown, Aaron & Messing?

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Nice article by Universal Sports! It's good to hear that Jason's 3A was almost there at the time of the interview. I wonder whether he'll try it at Jr. Worlds?

shine

Record Breaker
I just want to say that I'm so bursting with adoration and excitement for this skater. I haven't felt this excited discovering a new talent since I saw Lambiel's SP at 2002 Euros. Soooo much promise and already so good. He's got absolutely everything, EVERYTHING (except the 3axel). Can't wait to see more of him. It's going to be a good ride. I know it.

PS. Did Rohene Ward choreograph both his SP and LP? If he did, then boy, he's one gifted choreographer!

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Rohene is listed as sole choreographer on both Jason's isu and icenetwork bios.

Plus a lot of the touches in Jason's programs remind me a lot of Rohene's programs from his competitive programs.

:love: both Jason & Rohene!